Traktor users......do you use the loop recorder? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Absolutely. Just add new generic keyboard device or edit your current one.

I've got some serious mapping coming my way soon - once I get hold of a Zomo MC-1000, DJM850, TSP2 and my Dicers!

I'll be making a combined midi and keyboard mapping. I've been reading the Traktor manual for a while trying to get a broad understanding of mapping - but everything is yet to *click* in my mind yet...

Expect PM's, Stewe!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Add In > Remix Deck > Legacy > Slot Capture from Deck
    Add In > Remix Deck > Legacy > Slot Capture from Loop Recorder
    nice!
    I play house music!
    http://tortango.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I've got some serious mapping coming my way soon - once I get hold of a Zomo MC-1000, DJM850, TSP2 and my Dicers!

I'll be making a combined midi and keyboard mapping. I've been reading the Traktor manual for a while trying to get a broad understanding of mapping - but everything is yet to *click* in my mind yet...

Expect PM's, Stewe!
    Sure thing. You can also use Traktor tips and tricks sticky if you like - that way other can learn something too

Sure will!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Have never used it, to be honest....
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

From a turntablism perspective it's an amazing feature for building live scratch compositions but its sadly let down by the lack of separate I/O gain controls. I've tested virtually every major battle mixer with an fx loop and unless the mixer has separate hardware controls for send & return the loop recorder is unusable. Internal mode is problem free in regards to audio levels but it doesn't sample post fade.

It just needs a couple of very small tweaks and it would become a very powerful tool, just adding post fade sampling would be immense.

For a while I thought that the fabled Maschine integration would take on traktor sampling duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubba Dutch View Post
    From a turntablism perspective it's an amazing feature for building live scratch compositions but its sadly let down by the lack of separate I/O gain controls. I've tested virtually every major battle mixer with an fx loop and unless the mixer has separate hardware controls for send & return the loop recorder is unusable. Internal mode is problem free in regards to audio levels but it doesn't sample post fade.

It just needs a couple of very small tweaks and it would become a very powerful tool, just adding post fade sampling would be immense.

For a while I thought that the fabled Maschine integration would take on traktor sampling duties.
    I my memory serve you can record any deck independently with Cue Monitor on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I my memory serve you can record any deck independently with Cue Monitor on.
    Indeed, that's if you want to use the loop recorder internally but like I said you can't post fade sample internally, because to choose independent decks NI chose to use the the existing cue buss (which is obviously pre fader) rather than create a dedicated audio buss for the loop recorder.

The meat of my comment is raising issues with external mixing scenarios, very few battle mixers have advanced fx loops where the user can fine tune the send & return volumes. So for example with DJM 909, take audio from the hardware fx loop through I/O of the Traktor interface, as soon as you activate the fx loop for your desired channel the audio level drops by around 40%. If traktor had dedicated separate software I/O gain controls (input & output volume) for the loop recorder rather than the seemingly pointless wet&dry knob, the loop recorder would actually become properly useable with virtually any external mixing scenario.

Traktors "send" fx option works via the same audio loop so if NI was to add this teeny tiny little feature they would actually be opening up proper post fade fx for a whole host of different mixers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast