New Set Up HELP DJM800 + 2- Kontrol x1s + What interface 4 channel mixing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Set Up HELP DJM800 + 2- Kontrol x1s + What interface 4 channel mixing

Hey guys, I'm just in the process of changing my set up over to 2 X1s and my DJM800, the question I have is, can I get any interface (because I would like one that will be good for producing, as I am just starting to scratch the surface there) or do I have to get a traktor audio 8 or 10 if I would like my 2 Kontrol x1s to be run into the four channels on my mixer. The interfaces that have the most appeal to me and my budget are the M-Audio Profire 610, Akai EiE Pro and the Apogee Duet. With the Akai and M-audio would it be possible to buy 1/4" conversion cables to RCA, so that I could have the outputs from the interface running into the DJMs 4 RCA channels? If you guys can help me out here or have any suggestions feel free to put your input in.

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Might be a little out of your budget but I used to use a Motu Ultralite MK3. Thing is a tank and has amazing sound quality.
    Still use it in my studio and honestly will probably never have to buy another audio interface again.

You just use 1/4" to rca cables for the conversion. yes.

the Akai only has 4 outputs, you need 4 sets of outputs technically.

Thanks for your input! I'll check it out, and does your interface work well with Macs? And do you know will the 1/4" to RCA cables work on any interface properly sent to the mixer?

Tech Guru

Audio 8s are fairly cheap now; there's also the ESI Gigaport. Out of the interfaces you linked, only the M-Audio 610 has enough outputs for 4 Traktor decks.

You could also aggregate 2 sound cards together to get the required number of outputs as this can be done very easily on Macs.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

So from what I've seen so far, the M-audio would be the best option because It has Midi In (for my DJM800) and I would be able to connect 2 x1s to my comp and have the audio feed out to the 4 channels of my Mixer. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangletron View Post
    Hey guys, I'm just in the process of changing my set up over to 2 X1s and my DJM800, the question I have is, can I get any interface (because I would like one that will be good for producing, as I am just starting to scratch the surface there) or do I have to get a traktor audio 8 or 10 if I would like my 2 Kontrol x1s to be run into the four channels on my mixer. The interfaces that have the most appeal to me and my budget are the M-Audio Profire 610, Akai EiE Pro and the Apogee Duet. With the Akai and M-audio would it be possible to buy 1/4" conversion cables to RCA, so that I could have the outputs from the interface running into the DJMs 4 RCA channels? If you guys can help me out here or have any suggestions feel free to put your input in.

Thanks!
    Considering your budget is well over £150, you'd be best off buying a Zomo MC-1000 tbh. Will give you a few more transport controls in addition to the X1s, nice big CUP/play button, and 4-deck control with the built in 8-output soundcard.

Plus, it looks BADASS alongside a DJM-800.

For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

So from what I've seen so far, the M-audio would be the best option because It has Midi In (for my DJM800) and I would be able to connect 2 x1s to my comp and have the audio feed out to the 4 channels of my Mixer. Correct?
    Yes, you should be able to do all that with the M-Audio 610. Does your computer have a firewire port?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Yes, you should be able to do all that with the M-Audio 610. Does your computer have a firewire port?
    Yes its a 2011 macbook pro so I believe it's got an 800 type firewire port

Are you saying to get the Zumo MC-1000 instead of the x1's or with the x1's too? They seem to pretty well similar midi controllers apart form the built in soundcard.

Tech Mentor

Yes its a 2011 macbook pro so I believe it's got an 800 type firewire port
    it does indeed you will find you will need to buy a firewire cable seperately from the profires supplied one as the 2 that came when i got miy profire were firewire mini and a firewire 400 6 pin style you need an 9 pin to 6 pin firewire lead

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast