New Set Up HELP DJM800 + 2- Kontrol x1s + What interface 4 channel mixing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Set Up HELP DJM800 + 2- Kontrol x1s + What interface 4 channel mixing

Hey guys, I'm just in the process of changing my set up over to 2 X1s and my DJM800, the question I have is, can I get any interface (because I would like one that will be good for producing, as I am just starting to scratch the surface there) or do I have to get a traktor audio 8 or 10 if I would like my 2 Kontrol x1s to be run into the four channels on my mixer. The interfaces that have the most appeal to me and my budget are the M-Audio Profire 610, Akai EiE Pro and the Apogee Duet. With the Akai and M-audio would it be possible to buy 1/4" conversion cables to RCA, so that I could have the outputs from the interface running into the DJMs 4 RCA channels? If you guys can help me out here or have any suggestions feel free to put your input in.

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Might be a little out of your budget but I used to use a Motu Ultralite MK3. Thing is a tank and has amazing sound quality.
    Still use it in my studio and honestly will probably never have to buy another audio interface again.

You just use 1/4" to rca cables for the conversion. yes.

the Akai only has 4 outputs, you need 4 sets of outputs technically.

Thanks for your input! I'll check it out, and does your interface work well with Macs? And do you know will the 1/4" to RCA cables work on any interface properly sent to the mixer?

Tech Guru

Audio 8s are fairly cheap now; there's also the ESI Gigaport. Out of the interfaces you linked, only the M-Audio 610 has enough outputs for 4 Traktor decks.

You could also aggregate 2 sound cards together to get the required number of outputs as this can be done very easily on Macs.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

So from what I've seen so far, the M-audio would be the best option because It has Midi In (for my DJM800) and I would be able to connect 2 x1s to my comp and have the audio feed out to the 4 channels of my Mixer. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Dangletron View Post
    Hey guys, I'm just in the process of changing my set up over to 2 X1s and my DJM800, the question I have is, can I get any interface (because I would like one that will be good for producing, as I am just starting to scratch the surface there) or do I have to get a traktor audio 8 or 10 if I would like my 2 Kontrol x1s to be run into the four channels on my mixer. The interfaces that have the most appeal to me and my budget are the M-Audio Profire 610, Akai EiE Pro and the Apogee Duet. With the Akai and M-audio would it be possible to buy 1/4" conversion cables to RCA, so that I could have the outputs from the interface running into the DJMs 4 RCA channels? If you guys can help me out here or have any suggestions feel free to put your input in.

Thanks!
    Considering your budget is well over 150, you'd be best off buying a Zomo MC-1000 tbh. Will give you a few more transport controls in addition to the X1s, nice big CUP/play button, and 4-deck control with the built in 8-output soundcard.

Plus, it looks BADASS alongside a DJM-800.

For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

So from what I've seen so far, the M-audio would be the best option because It has Midi In (for my DJM800) and I would be able to connect 2 x1s to my comp and have the audio feed out to the 4 channels of my Mixer. Correct?
    Yes, you should be able to do all that with the M-Audio 610. Does your computer have a firewire port?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Yes, you should be able to do all that with the M-Audio 610. Does your computer have a firewire port?
    Yes its a 2011 macbook pro so I believe it's got an 800 type firewire port

Are you saying to get the Zumo MC-1000 instead of the x1's or with the x1's too? They seem to pretty well similar midi controllers apart form the built in soundcard.

Tech Mentor

Yes its a 2011 macbook pro so I believe it's got an 800 type firewire port
    it does indeed you will find you will need to buy a firewire cable seperately from the profires supplied one as the 2 that came when i got miy profire were firewire mini and a firewire 400 6 pin style you need an 9 pin to 6 pin firewire lead

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast