Tempo Change script.

Default Tempo Change script.

I was curious if anyone knew of any scripts or templates that included a way to jump tempos with the push of a button? I really like mixing different tempos and being less than a year into DJing I am still finding it hard to do, at least in a creative way. I watched a few videos on one of my favorite producers right now, Paper Diamond, and he also loves to change tempos all the time in his sets. He made his own script with TouchOSC that has buttons for changing the tempo so he can go from say 90 BPM to 160 with the touch of a button. Is there a premade template for either TouchOSC or MAX that has something like this? Since I started using ableton the same time I started DJing, I am still not super savy with ableton.

Any thoughts?

You can rename the scene to the target BPM. (ie 120BPM)

When you launch the scene in Ableton, all tracks in that scene will play at the named BPM.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I actually was aware of that but then you are still confined to when the shift occurs. For the ideas that I have and the way I want to use it, I need to be able to do it on the fly and not just at the beginning of the track. Thanks for the info, Patch.

Explain what you want to do/how you want to do it. Chances are Live can do it.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

From what I have researched, which has been pretty extensive, Live can not do it. From what I have read, straight out of the box, live can not change tempos on the fly in one song without changing the master tempo. So I guess Yes, technically you can type in the master tempo box each time you want the tempo to change of one single clip but im looking for a hard coded button to do this on the fly. So you would literally have a bank of buttons (such as on an Idevice) that are labeled 140, 142, 144, 146, 148, etc etc. So each one you hit automatically/instantly changes the master tempo.

I have read TONS of threads on how to change master tempo at the beginning of each clip launch. Thats just not cutting it for me.

Thanks Patch.

Do you have MAX4Live?

Yes Sir.

Running Live8. My Live9 free trial is almost up so I will be upgrading to 9 with max here in about 2 weeks.

Sweet!

Thanks patch. Ill check these out after work.