Traktor SYNC - Why does this happen?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor SYNC - Why does this happen?

So basically, I have been playing with 4 decks and sync lately. I never used sync before so I am a bit "noob" on that area.

I already learned (thank u youtube!) to beatgrid all my tracks, and I've done my entire library.

However, I am facing a problem. Let's say, Deck A is playing, I press sync and then Play Deck B and transition.

When I finish with Deck A (i mean, volume fader all the way down) I have the tendency to press CUE on that deck to return to my cue point.

However, if I have sync turned on in the other deck, the sound glitches like for 1 second. Why does this happen?

Tech Guru

What's your CPU loadmeter like?

tempo. Is the MASTER lit up on deck B when the glitch happens? or is it still on deck A?

Tech Guru

That's my other thought, but I'm assuming he does stop the track before he presses the cue button.

If that isn't the case, pause Deck A before you press CUE.

Tech Mentor

I'm guessing if he has all 4 decks running, it's CPU.

Tech Mentor

If the decks are sync locked, then it's actually Deck B attempting to phase sync to Deck A after you've pressed the CUE button. You'll see the effect in more detail if you activate scratch on the master deck, then scratch with a jogwheel. You'll see the synced deck nudging backwards and forwards. I think this is what's happening, rather than it just being an audio glitch.

The best thing to do is to deactivate sync on B before you press CUE on A, and see if it still does it.
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by CountenanT View Post
    If the decks are sync locked, then it's actually Deck B attempting to phase sync to Deck A after you've pressed the CUE button. You'll see the effect in more detail if you activate scratch on the master deck, then scratch with a jogwheel. You'll see the synced deck nudging backwards and forwards. I think this is what's happening, rather than it just being an audio glitch.

The best thing to do is to deactivate sync on B before you press CUE on A, and see if it still does it.
    This will most likely solve his problem. I use to have the same issue. It can happen with just two decks playing as well.

Thats how i solve the issue. Very annoying, but 4 decks and maschine is a beast to keep all together without sync hehe

Tech Wizard

Like I suspected it was "human error", I really need to stop pressing CUE when I finish the track and actually just pause it .

If SYNC is active, I press cue, glitch. I don't like to keep pressing sync on and off, I just leave it on for the whole set now that I am entering the 4 deck madness.

By the way, 4 deck is SO MUCH FUN!

Tech Mentor

To put what I said more simply, SYNC is causing Deck B to nudge when you hit CUE on A.
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBife View Post
    Like I suspected it was "human error", I really need to stop pressing CUE when I finish the track and actually just pause it .

If SYNC is active, I press cue, glitch. I don't like to keep pressing sync on and off, I just leave it on for the whole set now that I am entering the 4 deck madness.

By the way, 4 deck is SO MUCH FUN!
    The exact same thing happens to me; threw me for a while until I realised it was a symptom of Track B beatsyncing with Track A while A is still Tempo Master. A possible workaround for 2-deck setups, is to set Tempo Master to be the other deck when the channel fader is down; that way, when you bring down the fader on deck B it swaps master to Deck A, and then you can stop the deck using the cue button.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast