Traktor SYNC - Why does this happen? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Tempo Sync will prevent this issue from happening. If you're mixing internally you can also use the "Only On Air Deck can be Tempo Master" option in Transport settings which will switch the Master deck automatically once the volume fader is down.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

By the way, what is the difference between tempo sync and beat sync? I tried both and they did exactly the same for me (?)

Tech Guru

Tempo sync lets you adjust the phase of the tracks once you start playback. It is less rigid and restrictive, which is why you don't get the "glitch" when you press CUE as it doesn't try to perfectly sync every beat.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Tempo Sync will prevent this issue from happening. If you're mixing internally you can also use the "Only On Air Deck can be Tempo Master" option in Transport settings which will switch the Master deck automatically once the volume fader is down.
    this ^^^

Tech Wizard

Thank you so much, just tried it and it is 100% like I wanted now! Awesome

Tech Mentor

Normal Sync "locks" the tracks together completely.
    Phase sync alone syncs the tracks immediately, but if the tempos are not correct they will drift apart.
    Tempo sync alone matches the BPMs, but doesn't change the phase of the track.

One trick is to combine phase and tempo sync into one button, which allows a quick sync without locking the tracks, which is handy in a lot of situations
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

Tech Guru

Traktor has no Phase Sync as far as I know, and its Tempo Sync will also match the phase for the 1st downbeat.

Tech Guru

You could sync everything to the master clock, that's how Richie Hawtin does it or at least how he did it in the past, but I don't see a reason to change that.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Traktor has no Phase Sync as far as I know, and its Tempo Sync will also match the phase for the 1st downbeat.
    There are separate phase sync and tempo sync commands in the MIDI editor, but under the normal options the buttons are just phase sync and tempo sync. I've never found these to work properly though, I think they only control what happens when you click the sync button, and are separate from pressing the button on a MIDI controller.
    Countenance - (n). Appearance or expression. (v.) Admit or accept as possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12