Reloop Contour vs. Traktor X1 vs. Behringer PL-1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Reloop Contour vs. Traktor X1 vs. Behringer PL-1

So, I want to go modular on controllers.Capable of running 4 decks without changing layers and sh*t. The things is, I can't decide .

I like the contour for having integrated audio interface capable of running 4 channels. That is awesome. I hate the encoder FX though, but it has some mini up-faders which will be ok I guess. It doesn't have pitch fader.

Traktor X1, I love it because with only two X1's I can run 4 decks without having to press a button to change layers and mess things up.

Behringer PL-1, I hate the encoder FX, once again. I like the pitch fader.

So basically, I love having jogwheel and pitch, hate having rotary FX, and my wallet hates me for liking 4 decks independent .

So, which one would YOU buy and why?

(By the way, I live in Europe and both Musicstore and Thomman seem to not have the Contour anymore, where can I get one?)

Tech Wizard

Also, forgot to mention: I am basically playing techno, tech house, minimal, deep house... and some "commercial" house for some partys at friends house etc.

You forgot the Denon SC2000. I think you'll be satisfied for whatever one you choose, they are all good. It's just a matter of price and personal DJ'ing style.
    Denon - looong pitch fader, metal chasis
    NI - good knobs
    Reloop - interface, fx faders
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Two Allen & Heath K2's with the right mapping might work.

I have used two X1's for a while now and really like them but just got confirmation that two new Behringer PL-1's has shipped today.
    Missed the jog wheel and pitch fader.

The PL-1's encoders for FX's doesn't matter as I hardly use Traktor FX after I got a Pioneer RMX-1000.

You also forgot the Zomo MC-1000
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Pl-1 has lovely pitch fader and very nice jog wheel. It also has four bank firmware which is dealing assignments in four MIDI channels so your workflow can't get messed while switching between decks.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the input everyone. I was going to wait one week to buy my stuff, but after been watching youtube videos of all the controllers for about 3 hours (), I just decided and bought myself two Traktor X1's .

I hope I don't miss my jogwheels

Anyways, if anyone in the future who reads this thread, this is what made me decide:

- They are really small and portable.
    - They come with a official bag that you can use as stand (at least at Musicstore)
    - They come with TSP2 license which I can gift to my friends .
    - From all the feedback i've read they seem to be very reliable and long-lasting.
    - They have all the controls you need in Traktor.
    - With only 2 units I can run 4 decks with full control, no need to change layers and pages and sh*t that will for sure make me trainwreck sooner or later.

Let the 4 deck madness begin!!!!!!!!!

Tech Guru

It comes with a TP2 license, not TSP2 license.

Unless they're giving you one o.o

That bag is worth ~20-30 bucks alone so it sounds like you're getting a great deal! Enjoy!

Tech Wizard

Yes TP2, my bad Me and my friends were never timecode users so itīs ok

By the way, the reasons why I haven't bought the other ones:

Reloop Contour:
    - Too big (I never realised it was so big until seeing some videos)
    - I've read not so good feedback about some reloop gear (don't know if it is the case of the contour though)
    - Couldn't find it neither on MusicStore or Thomann which are the only websites I have purchased before

Zomo MC1000:
    - It seems to me a "un-finished" product. I mean, not even a simple CUE button?
    - Not really my tipe of "modular" controller, I like to have them on the side of the mixer and the ZOMO wasn't designed for that
    - Expensive

Behringer PL-1:
    - I am afraid of the low-end Behringer quality for club use. ( I have a NOX606 and BCD3000 which are ok for home use, but never for club lol)
    - Fuc*ing Encoders...

Denon SC2000:
    - Very few feedback from the internet about it
    - I would have to buy 4 for what I wanted to use
    - Could be hard for club use (few space for controllers)

Allen Heath K2:
    - I don't like the layout (it seems more of a mixer layout than transport, etc)

Tech Guru

The X1 definitely has the best Traktor FX layout/controls out of all the modular controllers. You may need to do a little mapping to get all 4 FX banks working on each deck.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast