New VJ software to use alongside DJ software

Default New VJ software to use alongside DJ software

Please check out the indiegogo campaign page for my new VJ software -Videoweave (http://igg.me/at/VideoweaveSoftware/x/3465936), we could really use some support.

It can be used alongside any DJ software as long as your computer can handle it, you can see it running alongside traktor in the image below

traktor x videoweave screengrab final.jpg

We plan for it to be the cheapest 4 channel videomixer on the market, with a full retail price of only €60. Pre release copies can be bought right now at a 25% discount, making them only €45. It is an extremely intuitive piece of software and mapping MIDI controllers is simple. You can see the alpha version in action on the indiegogo page.

If you're interested you can also follow us on twitter @SubpolyStudios , or like our Facebook page for videoweave (www.facebook.com/Videoweave) for updates on the software

You should make it so you can route the midi through your software then back into traktor, that way you could use one controller for audio and video and have clips trigger when you are messing with the audio. Also you should make the program freeframe compatible. They are open source fx and very powerful as they're used in video editing software like after effects and vegas. It is probably a smart move to include a visualisation suite like project m/milkdrop as well.

Good luck ;-)
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Hmm I saw y'all posted on VDJ but got shut down, lol! I suppose this could be a cheaper alternative to programs like Resolume or GrandVJ. Does this have Syphon support??

this seems cool but why only 4 decks, give us a 4x4 grid for mapping too pads and such

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Looks interesting, however a lil bit of throwback to the late 00's when we had Resolume, TZT, VJo AVmixer, Arkaos (among a million other softwares).. which have long since either "grown up" or disappeared.

Being cheap is good, however cheap with virtually no features is bad (which is not really outlined in the presentation).

Small example:

Can you use internal or remote cameras to be played or sampled in realtime ?
    How many effects are included
    What resolutions will it run
    File Types that it will run

And +1 on freeframe support for effects if its possible.

I'll be watching for updates and best of luck to you on it

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    You should make it so you can route the midi through your software then back into traktor, that way you could use one controller for audio and video and have clips trigger when you are messing with the audio. Also you should make the program freeframe compatible. They are open source fx and very powerful as they're used in video editing software like after effects and vegas. It is probably a smart move to include a visualisation suite like project m/milkdrop as well.

Good luck ;-)
    As Videoweave is still in it's alpha stages we will be be progressively implementing more features as we go along before the initial release stage, in the future we hope to have features which are audio-reactive or react to your actions in your DJ software.

In regards to freeframe, we are currently working on splitting processing across the GPU and have been doing some testing in this area.

A visualisation suite is an interesting idea, and it may be something that we will consider implementing in the future.

Thanks for your suggestions synthet1c, if you are interested in the software please support us on our indiegogo campaign page http://igg.me/at/VideoweaveSoftware/x/3465936

Thanks
    Luke - Subpoly Studios
    Last edited by subpolystudios; 06-14-2013 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soundinsurgent712 View Post
    Hmm I saw y'all posted on VDJ but got shut down, lol! I suppose this could be a cheaper alternative to programs like Resolume or GrandVJ. Does this have Syphon support??
    Yes, hopefully it will be in a much more accessible price bracket for most people, we hope for it to be far more intuitive to use than these competitors as well.

We haven't looked into syphon support so far, but it does look very interesting

Thanks
    Luke - Subpoly

http://igg.me/at/VideoweaveSoftware/x/3465936

Quote Originally Posted by typeomega View Post
    this seems cool but why only 4 decks, give us a 4x4 grid for mapping too pads and such
    Well the current 4 channels we have are constantly playing video streams, so if we were to have 16 of those it would be extremely processing intensive, however we could implement more channels to be used for one shot loops and things of that sort in the future

Thanks
    Luke - Subpoly Studios

http://igg.me/at/VideoweaveSoftware/x/3465936