In A Rut

Thread: In A Rut

Default In A Rut

What do you do when you're in a rut. Normally I alternate between DJing and Producing but it seems like for the past week or so I haven't been able to come up with anything interesting. I haven't been able to come up with a new set list for my bi youtube videos, and I haven't made any progress on any new tunes. Just wondering what you all do to get out of your rut. Maybe it'll help me and some others in the same predicament.
    Current Set Up: Denon DN X1600, 2x Kontrol X1 MK1, Traktor Kontrol F1, Macbook Pro, Traktor Pro 2 LIVE & LET RAVE
    SoundCloud YouTube

time to start listening to completely different music then your normally do to get inspired.

Take a week off! Go out and see some live music.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    Take a week off! Go out and see some live music.
    ^^THIS is pretty much what I was going to say!!!

A rest is always good!Sometimes all it takes is a couple of days sometimes way more! Then BAM all that inspiration will come back!
    The Djtt Psychic Network has closed for the day. If you need help from the non-psychic members of the forum, you need to be more specific
    http://soundcloud.com/djsidetrakd
    Check out my midifighter extreme!! http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28014