HELP with Analog Routing on Vestax VCM 100

Default HELP with Analog Routing on Vestax VCM 100

I have a Vestax VCM-100 controller. The specifications state that it has an ESI Maya 44 soundcard.

I have 8 RCA ports on the back. 4 INPUTS (1,2,3 and 4) an 4 OUTPUTS (monitor 1 and 2 /master 3 and 4)

I want to use my VCM-100 controller as an analog mixer. (Plug in 2 CD players and mix between the 2 channels)

I tried this and it did not work. I plugged one CD player into input 1 and 2 and the other CD player into 3 and 4.

I had the 3 and 4 output (master) going to my amplifier.

I have the unit powered from the USB on my computer. The lights are all on.

The only thing that works is when I plug into INPUTS 1 and 2. I get audio out of the headphone jack (Output 1 and 2). With no level controls at all.

Is there a way to use this controller as an analog mixer?

Here's some images to help out. Thanks.

vestax-vcm100_top_back.jpgVestax_VCM_100_BLOCK.jpg

Tech Guru

I believe the Block diagram is referring to the ESI ASIO Control panel faders, not the physical faders on the device.

I'm fairly certain all the device controls are pure MIDI, and that the analog inputs simply route all audio directly to the Maya 44 sound card and into the computer. If you're connecting the VCM to a computer you may as well use software like Traktor to get full mixer functionality using the VCM inputs and controls.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB