Flushing Background Tasks

Default Flushing Background Tasks

I have been having trouble with saving my work i have been doing with my s4. I go through a lot of work making playlists and writing descriptions on them and since traktor doesn't save unless its exited out of all the work i have done just vanishes. Please help because i have spent a lot of time with no results!

I just upgraded to 2.6.2 and am having the same issue. First happened this morning after the upgrade. Instead of forcing Traktor to quit when the "Flushing Background Tasks" window came up, I left my laptop sitting while I was out running errands. About 5 hours later it was done, and had closed successfully. When I opened it back up seems like everything is fine, but when I closed it again, it started the process all over.

I HOPE this is something similar to analyzing a large collection, where you do it once and then it takes way less time to save the small changes later. Any searching I did on this topic never led to an answer, just more people over the years saying they had the same issue. Anyone know what exactly this is doing? If this is just how it's going to be in 2.6.2, I'm going to have to re-install 2.6.1, because this is ridiculous.

Map a shortcut (SHIFT + S) to save the collection. Ean also suggested a wee app for mac that automates this. I always use it after doing a mix or adding a whole bunch of new tracks. That way if traktor hangs on you, if you have to force close it your collection is safe.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "