reloop digital jockey 2 help .... something really weird
    Tech Guru

Default reloop digital jockey 2 help .... something really weird

I have owned this controller for a few months now and noticed something really strange today.

when I press: hi kill, low kill and "in set cue" (which I have mapped as filter on off) in traktor it reads actually jumps to cue 1 on deck A and cue 2 on deck b as well as doing the actual features it is mapped as.

The strange thing is I thought it may have been the mapping as I borrow a mapping and modified it to suit, but I couldn't find anything.

I then downloaded a program called midiox which lets you see midi signals and notes and this showed me that it is actually the controller as not Traktor.... this is a very strang glitch/bug to find and to most people it would make a difference but I only noticed it when I cut the low and high freq's and the filter and wanted to drop them back in without jumping to the start of the song again.... (or cue 2 in deck b's case)

The buttons it mimics are "activate 1" on deck a for effects and "activate 2" on deck b which I use as 4 different cue points.

Does anyone have the same issue or know a way to fix it,
    Thanks in advance,
    Steven (Mr stifffy)
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

try to upgrade the firmware from here. There is also different firmware options on their forum
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Guru

Thanks, I tried to upgrade the latest firmware and nothing happens which leads me to believe its upto date
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

try downgrading it and see if that fixes it, like I said there is lots of different versions on their forum.. Also it would help if you posted the info from midi-ox. Using that you will be able to tell if the kills are causing the cues to fire, then change the firmware and see if they still send the same messages. If that is the case you can probably put it down to the hardware being the issue. Your options from there are either take it to an electronic repairman or replace it/upgrade it.

Tech Guru

I don't have the controller on me at the moment but what happens is it triggers the same note that the cue points are mapped to.
    In midi ox when I used any combination of the high kill, low kill and "filter toggle" it also showed a 4th signal being sent, almost like a "midi fighter combo".

How do you downgrade the firmware, I have scoured reloop for ages and it says your lights should flash while upgrading or downgrading, but nothing happens for me and when I open the "disk manager" I don't see any firmware once I switch the controller off and back on.

Thanks for the help!

I can't seem to find my old jockey 2, so I don't think I can help with the firmware sorry mate.

Tech Guru

No problem, thanks anyways ... I noticed with a few of the effects knobs when pressing three at once they trigger another note also... so I know now not to press more then two buttons/knobs at once .... or even map it to something unique.