Hi i need help with my equipment!!

Default Hi i need help with my equipment!!

Hi, i am a proud owner of a traktor kontrol s4 and i recently just bought two ndx800's. as of last week i thought it would be a good idea to connect these items together and have the traktor s4 kontrol as the mixer and the ndx800's as the cdj's while they are running off of traktor. the only problem is, is that i do not have a clue how to connect the ndx800's to the traktor program running through the traktor kontrol s4. I only have the traktor kontrol s4 traktor program and i have been trying days on end and i don't know how to do it. do i need an upgrade? please somebody help me i really wanna dj with this new setup of mine

thanks

Dont the ndx800's have a USB connection on them?
    If so you need to plug each of them into a USB hub

Also if i understand how they work correctly
    youll also need to connect their RCA outputs to Decks C and D on your S4 unit.

But as for mapping them to the Traktor program, you my friend are going to have to do that manually

Default yes, but...

Yes there is a usb connection on the back of the ndx800's but the problem is the 3 usbs can they all run off the laptop? And I dont know how to set it up with traktor itself will it also be okay with the traktor kontrol s4 program of traktor? Thanks guys I really need to do this before my gig this weeken

Yes i have the usbs and i know where to connect them in the traktor kontrol s4, my only problem is the 3 usbs can they all run off the laptop or do i need an audio card? also i don't know how to set them up with the traktor kontrol s4 (program wise).... like is this compatiable with the traktor kontrol s4 traktor program edition? and if so does anyone know how to set them up? thanks!!

what you need to do is stop telling us you have a gig this weekend and it needs to be done

get yourself some mp3s,
    load them into traktor
    plug in your Kontrol S4
    and go have your gig this weekend

then when its done
    go home
    plug in your S4
    turn on traktor
    and start connecting your other midi equipment and try to get them to work

you are trying to answer everything at the same time

stop.... stop now... stop right here

try this one device at a time
    and face the fact that you are not going to be ready with the ndx800's for this weekend

You have an S4
    You have traktor Pro
    You have mp3s
    You are ready for this weekend.

I'm not to sure...
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

How do you want to use the Numarks? I assume you'd want to use them as midi controllers. In which case you want to download a tsi file or map them yourself. Using them to play CD's through the S4 is pointless and wont work if you want full "mixer' control over your tunes.

If you are going to use the Numarks as midi controllers you DO NOT need to connect them to the S4. Just plug the usb's into your laptop. So long as your loptop is plugged into mains power you wont have a problem running the 3 usb devices. the Numarks also have their own power supply. I would recommend that if you need to use a usb hub then plug the S4 directly into a usb slot on your laptop as this will be your soundcard and plug your NDX800's into the hub.

All of the controls on your s4 are going to work along with your Numarks so remeber that when you are using the mixer section. You dont want to be knocking any of the buttons mid set. When you find a tsi file (or map them yourself) you are going to have to remember your start up sequence. You are going to have to change the midi channel of one of the Numarks if you want to use 2 of them together. You are also going to have to make sure that you change the IN and OUT ports in Traktors controller manager to each individual NDX800. This could get a little complicated from here so try this and then come back and let us know how far youve got. Then we can work from there.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    How do you want to use the Numarks? I assume you'd want to use them as midi controllers. In which case you want to download a tsi file or map them yourself. Using them to play CD's through the S4 is pointless and wont work if you want full "mixer' control over your tunes.

If you are going to use the Numarks as midi controllers you DO NOT need to connect them to the S4. Just plug the usb's into your laptop. So long as your loptop is plugged into mains power you wont have a problem running the 3 usb devices. the Numarks also have their own power supply. I would recommend that if you need to use a usb hub then plug the S4 directly into a usb slot on your laptop as this will be your soundcard and plug your NDX800's into the hub.

All of the controls on your s4 are going to work along with your Numarks so remeber that when you are using the mixer section. You dont want to be knocking any of the buttons mid set. When you find a tsi file (or map them yourself) you are going to have to remember your start up sequence. You are going to have to change the midi channel of one of the Numarks if you want to use 2 of them together. You are also going to have to make sure that you change the IN and OUT ports in Traktors controller manager to each individual NDX800. This could get a little complicated from here so try this and then come back and let us know how far youve got. Then we can work from there.

Okay thanks man as soon as i get off work i will give you a reply seeing as i will be straight back on traktor. it's very much appreciated.

okay i have plugged the ndx800's in the laptop aswell as the traktor kontrol s4, i now have no clue where to go from here could you help me? thanks guys