Input on dealing with delay between main output and headphones? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMorse View Post
    As a semi fix, I've just routed the mixer main out directly to the amp, this works quite well and only using rec out from mixer to main in for recording. Problem solved by the looks of it!
    Sorry, what? What were you doing before??
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I was probably being a prat, makar1.
    I was using the sound card's main out to go to the amp. Mixer main out to card main in, card main out to amp.
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Tech Guru

Haha ok, glad you got it sorted.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Yeah, feeling like an utter idiot. basically card latency was the source, Morseman's idiotic routing was the cause...
    1x Allen & Heath Xone K2, 1xXone K1, Edirol PCR M1, 4x Numark TTXUSB, Audio10 and a truck load of vinyl...

Yeah, feeling like an utter idiot. basically card latency was the source, Morseman's idiotic routing was the cause...
    yeah, that routing just didn't make sense
    for recording just plug booth/record out of the mixer into one of the inputs on the Audio via RCA cable and set recording to that input.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

yup, I can safely say SOLVED!

Back after a long stint away from this great forum, oh and mixing, and producing etc

Does anyone have any input on how to deal with or minimise the delay between the main output and the headphone cue on Traktor?

I've got an A10 hooked up to a DJM600 going into a Pioneer VSX-418 (No DSP - direct signal)
    and the headphones' output is about 1/8 ahead of the main output making it virtually impossible to cue anything.

This isn't limited to traktor, my decks are hooked through the a10 and playing vinyl through it produces the same issue, surprisingly this doesn't happen when they go straight into the mixer, leading me to believe the A10 has something going on.

So far I've messed about with latency/buffer (192/4ms is my sweetspot), setup shorter cables for the speakers and RCA from mixer to card and tried every setting i can think of in the amp.

A10 firmware is 48 (latest) and drivers are 3.1

I was hoping to find a DJTT video tackling this one but no luck

This might sound like a stupid question, but are you sure it's not the latency from the speaker?

Sound waves (like a real wave), takes time to travel over a distance. The further the "output" speaker, the more latency you'll notice.

This is why I do all my mixing "in-ear" with in-ear monitors. No need for a speaker right next to my head, and no excessive loss of hearing as a result.

Under different circumstances that would be the first thing I looked at, but at 3 feet? any latency would have been negligible, turns out I was just being an idiot with my routing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12