Apple WWDC - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple WWDC

Tech Guru

Now if they could just take a break from WWDC and reboot the Apple developer web server a version of Mavericks is waiting for us to start testing.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Better battery management is great news! I don't think spec reqs will differ much from 10.8 since it looks like most of the work was geared towards optimisation of resources, if they do i'm screwed

I find it funny that multiple monitor displays with full screen apps is a "feature". It's something they should have nailed from day one in 10.7.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I find it funny that multiple monitor displays with full screen apps is a "feature". It's something they should have nailed from day one in 10.7.
    I agree 100000000%. That and a tabbed finder. Third party options have existed for some time, and has certainly been a feature many have requested or wish to have seen implemented sooner. It only makes sense.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGod View Post
    That tagging feature will be awesome for music library organization
    You were able to do that with labels and saved searches for years, color coding and all.
    Last edited by padi_04; 06-10-2013 at 08:40 PM.

No goddamn new Macbook Pro. Argh.

Now the dilemma begins.

I desperately need a new computer. I was waiting for this event expecting a Haswell chipped Macbook Pro Retina. I've been putting off my purchase for a few months with that in mind.

Now I'm stuck with the decision of either one of the new Air's (I've got an old 2008 MBA at the moment) or do I keep waiting for the new MBP.... Which could be months...

It basically comes down to Retina display v Haswell chip.

I'm really glad they incorporated the new Haswell processors. I also like the new changes to application and memory management. Those were the two huge points that have convinced me to get the new MBA.

Don't get too down about MBP being absent. I'm sure we'll hear about some Haswell MBPs and slimmer and lighter retina MBPs.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    Now I'm stuck with the decision of either one of the new Air's (I've got an old 2008 MBA at the moment) or do I keep waiting for the new MBP.... Which could be months...
    I have high hopes for the MBPr 13". The current generation lacks GPU power to be future proof enough, but Haswell will pretty much make it an alround winner. I'd wait, if I were you. It's going to pack a whole lot more punch than the MBA, for a relatively small price bump. And in terms of weight and size, the Air really doesn't have that much of an edge anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmington View Post
    Don't get too down about MBP being absent. I'm sure we'll hear about some Haswell MBPs and slimmer and lighter retina MBPs.
    Slimmer? Don't think (and hope) so. They're already pushing it in terms of size, any smaller would impact heat management even more. I doubt many people mind the difference between incredibly slim and really slim, and those who do are probably fine with an MBA.
    Last edited by StephanV; 06-11-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Been playing with 10.9 for an hour or so. So far it seems snapier as 10.8 if not more on my old mid 09 with native apps, Safari takes a BIG speed boost over 6.0.5. Didn't have time to try any music related apps yet but if it's anything like 10.8 DPs there wouldn't be any issues. Most of the manufacturers already did x64 drivers for Mountain Lion so those should translate effortlessly.

Everyone who wanted a new Haswell MBP/MBPr, hold out! There is a hardware conference in 3 month. It's a miracle they said as much as they did about hardware at WWDC.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    You were able to do that with labels and saved searches for years, color coding and all.
    Correct but there was only 8 or so colors to choose from. Now you can tag multiple things like:

house
    house.electro

etc - instead of just one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast