Made out of the room! need tips

Default Made out of the room! need tips

Hi there all! As title says, I have made out of the room, and I'm after some good tips and have a question of my own, so I will be playing in this club and as far as I know I will be playing at festival in August, but needs to be confirmed, so my question is, I will be bringing my own equipment to club because I don't play with CDJ's, I had my share with them, didn't like them , felt very limited, instead I will be bringing Xone db4 and two traktor f1's, so my question is, let say a guy was playing before me, and he bring his own equipment, how do you connect your own equipment without music stopping, I was thinking they would have more PA outputs, but is it the case? that was just the one question that bugged me, also few tips would do no harm!

Tech Guru

you need to ask them what they have installed already and also does your mixer + 2 X1's even fit.

Most clubs I've played already have a house mixer installed DJM-800+, first guy opens on 2 channels and second guy plugs into the others, music keeps playing.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    you need to ask them what they have installed already and also does your mixer + 2 X1's even fit.

Most clubs I've played already have a house mixer installed DJM-800+, first guy opens on 2 channels and second guy plugs into the others, music keeps playing.
    This made a little bit clearer for me, I already said I'm going to bring my equipment so they were OK with it

Tech Guru

Then it depends what thier install is. Worst case you can always throw an RCA out of your master 2 to an empty line on the mixer being used.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Then it depends what thier install is. Worst case you can always throw an RCA out of your master 2 to an empty line on the mixer being used.
    I'll have more detail talk with them anyway

Oh yeah, by the way im kinda scared shitless

Quote Originally Posted by MockusD View Post
    Oh yeah, by the way im kinda scared shitless
    If you're scared, then don't bother trying to hook up a new mixer.

If their mixer has two extra channels for you, then just plug your audio card into their.

Trying to hook up another mixer is just going to make things more confusing especially if you only have the length of a song to plug in and make sure everything works.

Tech Guru

Find out whats there. Never know, they might have a 900 there, then it might be as simple as just bringing your F1's. Best of luck

Taking your own DB4 to a club gig? Just use the house installed mixer. Its probably already in place so you wont have a DJ booth piled high full of unecessary shit! Seriously mate you rock up with a DB4 and try to install that before the DJ before you has finished and you are asking for trouble. The only thing I would suggest would be to get there first, take out the club installed mixer and connect your DB4 in its place. Only problem there - DB4 becomes the house mixer and everyone uses it until the club closes.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Wizard

try going to the club before hand, see how and what they have set up so you can plan it out somewhat, talk to their in house dj, find out what the dj line up is going to be like ( house dj , you, another dj ( or what ever its going to be ). ask the club owner if you could come in earlier before they open to set up your stuff, do a little sound check etc. just so you can plan it out how your going to switch over dj's etc. and dont worry about being scared shitless, it gets better , the crowd will be able to feel if your nervous and such, go with the flow, have fun, most of the time imo if the dj is having fun most of the time the crowd is also.