Traktor Z1 - Page 30
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Traktor Z1

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    No, you wouldn't. Noone uses cheap knockoff sound cards for a gig. Some gear may be generic OEM rebadged from China but decent manufacturers actually design their own products. Also not all equipment is made in China. CDJs and DJMs are made in Malaysia for example.

The cheap cloned adapters are obviously not made in the same factories which is why there is a significant delay in their release after the official product, and why quality is severely lacking.
    I don't think you can tar them ALL with the same brush, because there is some very, VERY good Chinese unbranded hardware out there.

On the upside, at least the only charger to beat the Apple stuff is the Touchpad charger that I have TWO of behind my monitor

Touchpad.jpg
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

How is that your upside? A main brand charger performed well - much better than the knockoffs.

There is of course decent hardware out there, but mainly in original products rather than knockoffs. Your unbranded RCA connectors from China didn't make it so far despite your initial reassurances.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I was thinking about getting this to pair with my s2, since I hate being restricted to 2 decks, but I decided to just upgrade to the S4 instead Still a great product though!

Tech Mentor

I just received my Z1 and was quite disappointed when I found out that the filter knob didn't control the FX on Traktor Pro like the Traktor DJ demonstration video(!?). So I mapped that feature right away.

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1789

I think this is great for a mobile setup, after doing a house party with it though one thing that really bothered me was not having a play/stop button for the 2 decks on the actual controller. I didn't enjoy using the touch screen to drop in tracks as it meant moving your hands way out from the other controls.

Is it possible to edit the mapping for Traktor DJ (iPad) to include this? Can mappings be edited for the ipad version?
    I think a natural place for it to go would be to use the mode button as a shift and then use the left or right headphone button as a play/stop.

This tweak would really make this an awesome bit of kit, I have teamed it up with an iPad air, 2x minirigs & 2x minirig subs for a pretty awesome mobile unit that all fits in a rucksack, it looks like this may be the next purchase to power the Kontrol Z1 on the go: http://www.amazon.co.uk/20000mAh-Ext...s=battery+pack

It certainly will not replace my Z4 for gigs but for impromtu parties it is great, I can't wait to take it all down Brighton beach in the summer!!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

It is not possible to re-map anything in TDJ and I don't see this being a possibility anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmandy View Post
    Is it possible to edit the mapping for Traktor DJ (iPad) to include this? Can mappings be edited for the ipad version?
    I think a natural place for it to go would be to use the mode button as a shift and then use the left or right headphone button as a play/stop.
    It works this way already, no need to map anything ... Well it does on my iPad Mini (original) iOS 7.1, TraktorDJ 1.3.3 and Z1 ...
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

I use it for mobile Mix Sessions, like in an airplane, and i really love it, but for Club gigs i wouldn't use it, cause i only have a limited range of possibilities...

Super fun! I was thinking about picking one of these up for using out at Burning Man this year (rather than dragging my laptop around along with an Audio 2). How are you powering your Z1 on the plane?
    Current Gear: TSP, Macbook Pro, VCI-400, Ipad: Lemur, TDJ, Audio2, V-Moda M-100

Formerly Owned Gear (Feel free to ask opinions): Technics 1200, DJM-600, Midi Fighter Classic, Korg Zero4, Denon DN-X1600, Denon DN-MC6000, V-Moda Crossfade LP, ATH-M50

10264102_10152045912726596_5126242277572521363_o.jpg

Here is the ninja mobile setup I have just completed, going to rock it out down the beach / BBQs etc this summer. I purchased an external battery pack to power the Z1 and it works perfectly, here is the one I got:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BB5VQCE/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

Appears to also charge the iPad when plugged in, which is the normal behaviour. Only had it all up and running 1 day so unsure on battery life, the speakers last 6-8hrs on full wack though, so if it lasts around that it will be perfectly fit for purpose! The mini rig speakers are highly recommended, so damn loud for the size, the 2 subs really kick out the low frequencies

The whole setup fits in a backpack with room for a couple of other things, it is going to be a naughty summer!

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930