Sony Speakers

Thread: Sony Speakers

Default Sony Speakers

Does anyone know anything about the Sony LBT GPX77? I just bought them mainly for personal use at home but I was curious as to if you guys think I could use them for smaller gigs.

Here are the specs on the speakers:

http://www.abt.com/product/69632/Sony-LBTGPX77.html

What do you guys think? Im pretty excited for these things so hopefully they dont disappoint!

Do you think the 1800 watt claim is legit? And how about the LED lights? DO you think they will be any good?

I don't see why NOT, but they are made for personal use where as PA's are made for blasting out people ear drums.

I'd say worst come to worst, give them a shot, if they don't make the cut, lesson learned and you now have a dope home system.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Jesus Christ... I suppose its technically possible; that's 2x 300W RMS 8" drivers and a 600W RMS 10" sub in the baseunit.

To be honest, wattage isn't a particularly useful measurement on its own; you need to know the sensitivity of the speakers to calculate SPL.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

im getting them on thursday so i will test em out and let you guys know!

they do have solid potential though i think

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Well I've heard and seen the Shake *cough* 2000watt *cough* system in a shop and its nowhere NEAR the volumes that a PROPER 2000watt PA system will put out or even a pair of 200Watt EV stage 200's for that matter.

House Parties would be Fine with them, for Gigs - rent speakers.

And how about the LED lights?
    Gimmick, but I guess cool enough for house parties.

For home use you will not be lacking in volume thats for sure.

Tbh, at home with a 2x60W stereo hifi amp and a pair of decent floorstanders you can't turn the volume up past 1/4 for more than a short period of time without doing your hearing some serious damage anyway.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Tbh, at home with a 2x60W stereo hifi amp and a pair of decent floorstanders you can't turn the volume up past 1/4 for more than a short period of time without doing your hearing some serious damage anyway.
    Exaggerating a lil bit don't you think 1/4 volume of a 60watt setup? First of all that would depend on the floorstanders, the distance, the amp etc... and even then its unlikely you'd do any serious damage unless you are using them as headphones (literally).

Tech Mentor

I used to have one of these for years until the amp died one day, 360watts for home use it was more than enough, rarely went past half way and the bass boost was usually off or it was overpowering

http://download.p4c.philips.com/file...37_pss_aen.pdf

That Sony I would surprised if it is 1800 watts to be honest but it will be more than loud enough for home use, it has a lot of cool features aswell like recording to USB and Bluetooth