Maschine MK2 Live
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Maschine MK2 Live

Hey all! I just learned how to make an aggregate sound card and send my midi from Traktor 2.6 so I can sync and use Maschine as a 4th deck.

My question to you all today is, if you use Maschine live, what do you use it for? I've made some pretty cool transitions using loops and all that, but what other neat things can I do?

Basically my work flow is: Step Sequence or Record a Drum/Synth Loop > Play and Affect Loop > Record to Loop Recorder > Capture to Remix Deck > Keep it Playing or Recall it Later.

So what do you do?
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    Hey all! I just learned how to make an aggregate sound card and send my midi from Traktor 2.6 so I can sync and use Maschine as a 4th deck.

My question to you all today is, if you use Maschine live, what do you use it for? I've made some pretty cool transitions using loops and all that, but what other neat things can I do?

Basically my work flow is: Step Sequence or Record a Drum/Synth Loop > Play and Affect Loop > Record to Loop Recorder > Capture to Remix Deck > Keep it Playing or Recall it Later.

So what do you do?
    Finger drumming, live remixing, and juggles are all fun.

I enjoyed my maschine the most with the ableton live template, it's like a 4x4 launchpad with I think 56 rotary controls and in depth mapping of the pads. You can still swith to a mode where you can input midi notes for a soft synth or drum rack real quick or swith to controlling the maschine VST.

When in maschine standalone it's also fun to have like a seperate pad for drums, hats, bass, FX,... and have them all playing at the same time but muted, and unmuting them would be like launching a loop.

edit: example of the last method
    Last edited by MyUsername; 06-12-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Tech Wizard

Live Sequencer is dialed.

I haven't practiced enough to pull it out live yet, but using mine a bit like a clip launcher. For instance one group for Kick's that ive made various different patterns for, which i then change up between the pattern selector to coincide with a pattern of highhats/snare's etc in another group. I make use of the mute button to make switch's between them. It's a lot of fun, but im not nearly quick enough just yet to make it smooth. But i have stopped looking at the laptop screen and started to trust the hardware's visual feedback, which is making it slicker.

And just seen Bass Kleph's latest video. I think he hits his leads/chords in circular motion with his left, whilst drumming a beat with the right, and if i remember correctly from the DJTT interview he has a pad which has a long tail to switch to other kits with.

A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

I use the sequencer for claps, hi hat's, crashes and every other drum sample haha . I also use it to launch white noise and effects. The Maschine suits techno really well.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Sorry for my late response!

I love all of these ideas! The two that really intrigue me are "Live Remixing" and exactly what BassKleph does. Can any body go in to some more detail or maybe shoot some links to some good video on how to take the next steps in to that.

Tech Guru

I really wanna see Bass Kleph live. I wish I could figure out how to use the Maschine, such a powerful tool.

It would be quite the show!

I'm still on the hunt for Live Remixing Tutorials and tutorials for whatever we're calling what BassKleph does!

Tech Mentor

@ProffesorStrangeman

There's a video that DJTT did with BK explaining his set-up. Admittedly, it's not very detailed. However, he does mention that he runs Maschine through Ableton, because he hasn't been able to find a really good way to sync them. Also, he does go through and talks briefly on how he chops up samples and what not.

Check out his YouTube page for some live video clips and some brief explanations. He does mention at some point he plays mostly with the sync when live drumming. Hawtin on the other hand is a lot more reliant on hte step sequencer so he does have them synced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast