Using MIDI Fighter with S2 to get started - But "Spectra" or "Pro"?

Default Using MIDI Fighter with S2 to get started - But "Spectra" or "Pro"?

Hello people, so you'll have to forgive me for the simple question, but I need an experienced opinion. OKAY, so, I'm buying an S2 in like 10 minutes. lol. And I can't decide between the Spectra or the Pro as an extra controller.

The Spectra sticks out because its cheaper and I'm a beginner, however, but the Pro sticks out because it has faders and knobs. Am I set with controlling Traktor effects without faders and knobs on my midi controller? I personally don't think so, but I want to see your opinions. Or should I say fuck it and buy an F1...but man I really like the way the MIDI Fighters look and that I'd also use them to jam out when I'm producing.

Thanks for your time

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It's really simple. Need faders - go for Pro... Want just arcade buttons - get Spectra... Spectra also play nice with remix deck via HID.

Just get the s2 until you know what you need!

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    This! If you're just starting out, the s2 will be plenty until you know enough to know what,if any, other controllers you'll need.

Welcome to DJTT!

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

This...
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    This! If you're just starting out, the s2 will be plenty until you know enough to know what,if any, other controllers you'll need.

Welcome to DJTT!
    And this...

After you've gotten to grips with the S2, go and look if you really need extra buttons or faders.
    If you've answered that question, Stewe's post will guide you to the proper MIDIfighter.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

For the love of god don't buy a Pro...the support for them isn't the best as it's been out for so long. DJTT have a habit of supporting each midi fighter until a new one comes out and then slowly...but surely...the older models are 'forgotten' a little.

I got a classic, a pro and a 3D. Support on the classic was good, luckily I've never had any big issues. Then I got the Pro, it has NEVER worked properly - I've looked at every topic in that section of the forum for help, even posted about it when I first started on here...the support just wasn't there because the 3D was just about to land. Luckily now I'm using beau's mapping so he's bang on it when I have issues with anything - an absolute credit to this site is that lad!

So, in short...get the Spectra for some FX fun, or get a F1 for proper use of the remix decks.

If the house was on fire and I had to grab one - it would be the F1, what that has added to my live sets is amazing, I love the F1.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

In many cases this might be right, but if he wants to use Traktor on its full potential (speaking about the remix decks) I think a Midi Fighter would be a good way.