[DJ Routine Video] Nicky Romero Symphonica Live Remix with Kontrol F1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [DJ Routine Video] Nicky Romero Symphonica Live Remix with Kontrol F1

Check out my new controllerism routine where I live remix Nicky Romero's Symphonica in a new way. Although this routine looks simple, it took me plenty of tries to nail because of the clicking nature of the Kontrol F1. That controller is sure not designed for finger drumming. Next time I should buy a maschine to save myself from carpal tunnel.

Pretty cool bro.

I can see that the F1 is a bitch to drum with huh?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Pretty cool bro.

I can see that the F1 is a bitch to drum with huh?
    Yup, you have to press pretty hard to register a hit vs pad machine.

Nice one dude, I enjoyed that!

You mentioned that pressing the clickey F1 buttons is a little hard on your hands, I was having the same problem but I've made a few habits to minimize this. Be sure to maintain good wrist posture, use both hands and position your hands so that one finger is on each of the buttons that you are going to use. Also keep your hands close to the F1, and minimize the velocity with which you hit the pads. Overall just spread the button pushing between both hands and between as many fingers as possible while hitting the pads as gently as possible!

I hope that helps, keep up the great work bud!
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Quote Originally Posted by IznremiX View Post
    Nice one dude, I enjoyed that!

You mentioned that pressing the clickey F1 buttons is a little hard on your hands, I was having the same problem but I've made a few habits to minimize this. Be sure to maintain good wrist posture, use both hands and position your hands so that one finger is on each of the buttons that you are going to use. Also keep your hands close to the F1, and minimize the velocity with which you hit the pads. Overall just spread the button pushing between both hands and between as many fingers as possible while hitting the pads as gently as possible!

I hope that helps, keep up the great work bud!
    Those are some good tips Izn. Do you think its better for hand to be parallel or at an angle with the the F1?

This is brilliant mate, really enjoyed it - thanks for sharing
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Nice work dude. With skills like that, I think it probably is time to upgrade to a Maschine or MPC. That was actually really enjoyable.

Nice routine dude

Nice Effort

What Production (Movie) Software did you use for this?

If you want some constructive criticism I would suggest added a reverb effect to the second deck, should make those hotcues sound a little more in the mix. But I liked the composition of it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast