Ddj-sx bug fix

Thread: Ddj-sx bug fix

Default Ddj-sx bug fix

Hello, assuming your having the same issue I'm just going to quickly jump right into this. Recently landed a new club residency so ordered the shiny new DDJ-SX which has worked incredibly up until a practice sesh last night. Specifically when I'd hit a cue points too hard it would cue the wrong cue point! (Being that they are velocity sensitive: they should be able to take a hit) Again, Using it to gig every week this was a major issue...Altho, before sending it in (thankfully I ordered from DJTT partially considering their amazing rep in quality service encase anything like this did ever happened!) time being of the essence I first scoured the net for any DYI fix: & Wala! I found that downloading the most recent firmware update from http://pioneerdj.com/support/product...p=DDJ-SX&t=179 (current version being 1.07, mine was shipped with 1.05) & following this firmware upgrade guide: (which for those of you who can't watch that video explains that Before installing the downloaded firmware from Pioneersdj.com you must First hold the DDJSXs' Shift+Sync while powering up the unit to start it in Firmware-Update-Mode then run/install the firmware & restart the DDJSX normally) BOOM! Completely fixed my issue! & Hopefully any of yours, Rock on fellas!

*ADDITIONAL PROBLEM FIX!

I has having an issue with my left Jog wheel in vinyl mode (specifically the touch sesnsitivity was so low I'd have to use my hole palm & push very hard to stop the track (even with the sesvitivity knob turned all the way up!) after more e-research I ran across these recommendations via Pioneer forum moderators: first they explained how the platter technology is similar to that of the iPad (which involves static) so when moving the unit from room to room with more static you need to re-adjust the sensitivity knobs. So basically add to your equipment set-up routine turning the sensitivity knobs all-the-way-down, all-the-way-up, then while playing with the platter adjusting it to the perfect spot (mine usually being around 12 o-clock)

Additionally* They mentioned the USB cord used has an effect on it (I don't recall the science behind that but have ordered a DDTT one as well as 2 other high-end ones to test & will share my results soon.)

Any other advice on this would be greatly appreciated so feel free to comment blow!

-S AKA LIVEFAST
    Last edited by StephenIs; 07-01-2013 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Tech Student

Default nice

Quote Originally Posted by StephenIs View Post
    Hello, assuming your having the same issue I'm just going to quickly jump right into this. Recently landed a new club residency so ordered the shiny new DDJ-SX which has worked incredibly up until a practice sesh last night. Specifically when I'd hit a cue points too hard it would cue the wrong cue point! (Being that they are velocity sensitive: they should be able to take a hit) Again, Using it to gig every week this was a major issue...Altho, before sending it in (thankfully I ordered from DJTT partially considering their amazing rep in quality service encase anything like this did ever happened!) time being of the essence I first scoured the net for any DYI fix: & Wala! I found that downloading the most recent firmware update from http://pioneerdj.com/support/product...p=DDJ-SX&t=179 (current version being 1.07, mine was shipped with 1.05) & following this firmware upgrade guide: (which for those of you who can't watch that video explains that Before installing the downloaded firmware from Pioneersdj.com you must First hold the DDJSXs' Shift+Sync while powering up the unit to start it in Firmware-Update-Mode then run/install the firmware & restart the DDJSX normally) BOOM! Completely fixed my issue! & Hopefully any of yours, Rock on fellas! -S AKA LIVEFAST
    I just did this thanks , but have you found out the issue with the split cue ? it kinda difficult to djand not hear the next track on the other deck need help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cole crush View Post
    I just did this thanks , but have you found out the issue with the split cue ? it kinda difficult to djand not hear the next track on the other deck need help!!!
    you can press cue one tho playing track and hear bouth songs ay same time. the cue master knob can set how much of the master track you cant to hear in the headphones mixed with your cueing track or press the master cue button and you hear that together with your cueing song. I'm sorry but if you can't mix unless you have slit cue you traind you brain the wrong way.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    you can press cue one tho playing track and hear bouth songs ay same time. the cue master knob can set how much of the master track you cant to hear in the headphones mixed with your cueing track or press the master cue button and you hear that together with your cueing song. I'm sorry but if you can't mix unless you have slit cue you traind you brain the wrong way.
    Appreciate the answer mate that's what I was trying to figure out. I wont even consider your comment at the end as an insult.
    as for though your spelling was quite insulting outright offensive.

I have the same problem, but for me it's of a hardware nature. When i press down on the metal above the pads, the first two pads adjacent to the play and cue button will register as pressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by cole crush View Post
    Appreciate the answer mate that's what I was trying to figure out. I wont even consider your comment at the end as an insult.
    as for though your spelling was quite insulting outright offensive.
    That last was not meant as an insult, just that it's more then likely you get in some club that won't have slit cup. There for you would need to train your brain to listen to 2 songs in stereo.
    And you are aware that 90% of the world population don't speak or write english as their first language?
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Default *additional bug fixes!

I has having an issue with my left Jog wheel in vinyl mode (specifically the touch sesnsitivity was so low I'd have to use my hole palm & push very hard to stop the track (even with the sesvitivity knob turned all the way up!) after more e-research I ran across these recommendations via Pioneer forum moderators: first they explained how the platter technology is similar to that of the iPad (which involves static) so when moving the unit from room to room with more static you need to re-adjust the sensitivity knobs. So basically add to your equipment set-up routine turning the sensitivity knobs all-the-way-down, all-the-way-up, then while playing with the platter adjusting it to the perfect spot (mine usually being around 12 o-clock)

Additionally* They mentioned the USB cord used has an effect on it (I don't recall the science behind that but have ordered a DDTT one as well as 2 other high-end ones to test & will share my results soon.)

Any other advice on this would be greatly appreciated so feel free to comment blow! -Stephen