Panic!

Thread: Panic!

Default Panic!

Ok first thing first. I just bought a Traktor X1 and a Audio2 external soundcard. I use an macbook pro with Traktor pro.

I just arrived at the the place and they hace Pioneer DJM-900 mixer.

Here is the thing. I have connected everything. But the thing is that i cant cue music on the next song. I believe there is something wrong with my "output routing" settings. Anyone kind enough to help a fellow out?

Kind Regards

Jarl

are you trying to mix internally? plug both outs of the A2 into channels on the mixer and you are good to go.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

are you trying to cue on the DJM?

If so. Then you are mixing externally (on the hardware mixer not "internal" that would be inside of traktor), output routing should be external and channels a and b routed to the audio 2. To Cue, just press the cue button on the mixer for each channel and turn up the volume on the bottom right of the mixer.

If you are mixing internally, then it's a little different. One of you Audio 2 channels is set to master, the other to monitor and you plug your headphones into that output of your audio 2.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

If they have a DJM900 why are you using an Audio 2 in the first place? Just connect the mixer directly to usb on mac and use the built-in soundcard which is way better than audio 2.

Tech Guru

Download DJM 900 Nexus driver software http://pioneerdj.com/support/product...M-900NXS&t=111 . When its downloaded and running plug the usb cable back into your 900 mixer and computer. The Nexus set up utility will pop up. Just make sure the mixer ouput says "Post CH 1 Fader" for USB 1/2 and "Post CH 2 Fader" for USB 3/4 and so on down the line. Don't need to mess with any other settings. WHen you go into Traktor, Select the DJM 900 as your soundcard in AUdio settings. The only other adjustments are all made in Output Routing (You're mixing w/ the X1 only right? no turntables or CDJ's?). Mixing mode should be set to external. CH 1 on the mixer (order going left to right) is "OUT 1" and "OUT 2" , and channel 2 on the mixer is "OUT 3" and "OUT 4" and so on for the other 2 remaining channels 3 + 4 (5/6 , 7/8). So in output routing screen you see Traktor's Deck A routing, if you want Channel 1 on the mixer to receive the sound from Traktor's Deck A you would put in Out 1/2 , or if you want Channel 4 to receive the sound coming from Traktor's Deck A instead, you would select OUT 7/8. If you understand this, then you can finish the rest without instruction.

Tech Convert

Easiest way to go about it is plug one channel from the audio 2 into one of the channels on the mixer, and use the other channel on the audio 2 for your headphones. Use traktor's internal mixer. Under output routing in settings put (eg. channel 1) in to the mixer, and channel 2 for monitoring. On the DJM put hi/mid/low on neutral and adjust gain accordingly.

Good luck!

Tech Guru

If you're using an X1, Audio 2, and external mixer you pretty much have to use External mode. Send Deck A from Output A to Channel 2, Deck B from Output B to Channel 3.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by shahryz View Post
    Easiest way to go about it is plug one channel from the audio 2 into one of the channels on the mixer, and use the other channel on the audio 2 for your headphones. Use traktor's internal mixer. Under output routing in settings put (eg. channel 1) in to the mixer, and channel 2 for monitoring. On the DJM put hi/mid/low on neutral and adjust gain accordingly.

Good luck!
    why would you do that and not plug both channels in the mixer and use it to mix externally?

Tech Convert

Sorry, I just assumed he was using four decks inside of traktor. But yeah if he's only using two decks then definitely mix externally.