Advanced DJ (mixing) techniques
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Advanced DJ (mixing) techniques

Hi guys, this is my first thread on this forum.

I've 'discovered' Harmonic mixing, with the camelot wheel.
    It helped me to make my sets more fluent and coherent etc, this was a few months ago so at the moment I'm searching for something new, something advanced, something which will help me adding that little extra to my (live) mixing performances and sets.

So please, if you have any remarques, tips, websites, ANYTHING which could help me please post them below, thanks in advance

Gérald

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I think that you've reached that level where you should start adding effects to your mix. What music do you play? Also analog or digital?

Default Answer Stewe

Hi Stewe

I try to play music people of my age, which is 19, want to hear when they're in a club or at parties.
    Since electro house, deep house, house and trap are pretty big here in Belgium, I chose those genres to play.
    I've been 'experimenting' with simple FX (flanger, reverb, delay, beatmash, ...) before and came to the conclusion that it mostly doesn't make that much of a difference to the crowd (few people actually gave me negative feedback saying I destroyed the song).
    Although I cant't say I've been doing more research involving adding FX...
    I use NI's traktor s4 at home and mostly pioneer CDJ2000 and DJM2000 at clubs.

Thanks alot for the response

Gérald

Obviously FX is a good choice here as another string to your bow. Or, depending on what you are mixing on , things like adding another controller for vocals and loops. Maybe an F1 for live remixing.

Give us a little more info on what your current set-up is, and then you'll really start to see some answers.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

loops and samples.

next level would be scratching and Live remix. Check out Laidback Luke he incorporates some scratching and turntable tricks in his sets or your can go the live production route. Check out DJ Enferno. good luck

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    Obviously FX is a good choice here as another string to your bow. Or, depending on what you are mixing on , things like adding another controller for vocals and loops. Maybe an F1 for live remixing.

Give us a little more info on what your current set-up is, and then you'll really start to see some answers.
    +1 to this. What's your setup?
    I play house music!
    http://tortango.com/

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    next level would be scratching and Live remix. Check out Laidback Luke he incorporates some scratching and turntable tricks in his sets or your can go the live production route. Check out DJ Enferno. good luck
    This over FX any day.

It would help to know what kind of style/styles you play, as that can have a big impact on where to go next.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

I have to say i feel just like this ! I already know i want to go into samples and loops, but donna where to start from !
    3 x CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Sennheiser HD 25 II, S-DJ05 Speakers
    Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2010 - Midi Fighter Spectra - Ableton Live 9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast