Making a bigish order. Best way to go about it? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth
    And no 4k is not alot of buying power.
    Hey, you're absolutely right mate.

No retailer anywhere would ever want a last minute order intake of £4K in the mid-year books.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo21
    Additionally, last thing on a Saturday was when the place I used to work at could be persuaded to go that bit lower, since we had targets for the week and were in competition with our sister stores to try and beat their takings for the week.

Saturday was the end of the weeks figures, so someone walking in an hour before we closed with a largish sale was unlikely to be shown the door.
    That sounds more like it...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    If you were in the US, I know you can get some deals if you order from Guitar Center. They'll frequently cut deals on stuff < 500 dollars. If you're spending 4k the sales person would go nuts.
    Go nuts? Interesting, I never received that kind of response. "Sure heres a couple coupons, Thanks and please contact us again if you have any questions" and that was for alot more than 4k :P

Sweetwater cares even less.

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Go nuts? Interesting, I never received that kind of response. "Sure heres a couple coupons, Thanks and please contact us again if you have any questions" and that was for alot more than 4k :P

Sweetwater cares even less.
    Must be your face, manners or attitude which are putting people off, as I have had great discount on large priced orders when going to music stores.

You have to do your homework, get different figures from rivals and then go to a store and make them believe you are walking out with that stack of cash in your pocket. They won't allow it. Call their bluff.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Tech Guru

When I was buying guitar gear, everyone told me to bargain no matter what. You could usually get a hardshell case and maybe 100 bucks taken down if you were buying a guitar >1000 dollars. Less than 1k usually the case and some picks/cables were thrown in.

Not many people know you should bargain when you're at GC just because it's a chain store. That said, you really gotta be a sly bargainer since it's not gonna be the same bargaining you do at the flea market.

I was able to haggle with a local store and managed to get 2x CDJ-2000 NXS for $1500.00 each (tax included) and the DJM-900 NXS for $1400.00 (tax included).

There is definite wiggle room. My buddy is a pioneer rep and basically told me to go in and tell them what you want to pay with tax, and leave if they won't do it. He said he has seen some stores sell the units at cost in order to get the customer to do some repeat purchasing.

There is definite wiggle room.
    This.

There is ALWAYS wiggle room. If there is not, go somewhere else - where there will ALWAYS be wiggle room...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

So bit of a update on this. One store, the store that I order all my gear from can't move on Pioneer gear at all really. The monitors that I wanted they were able to price match, they were also able to bring the price of the decksavers down although I think I have actually found them lower still elsewhere. But the total was around £4000.

If I buy it from a company in France and get 4% Quidco cashback and order the monitors elsewhere my total price at the end of it would be £3799. That's a saving of £200 just by shopping around. There will be no wiggle room on that though as it wouldn't be a bulk order.

So pretty uneventful

I wouldn't buy from overseas.

I know you would save £200, but just think if you had to return anything. Online and overseas will more often than not get you to return the items at your own cost, unless within 28 days of purchase, and overseas may still want you to. There's a lot to be said for buying from a bricks and mortar place you can actually go to if anything goes wrong. Small internet companies, and overseas I personally would stay away from.

Have you tried speaking to DV247.com. They did me a nice deal for my S4 with flight case and Apogee duet 2...

As I explained in an earlier post, there is not a lot of room for manoeuvre these days because retailers don't have a lot of profit margin to play with. The manufacturers never do better deals for retailers unless they buy huge amounts. Pioneer have very little competition to their CDJ's, so they are unlikely to discount to retailers, simply because they don't need to.

I know some have indicated that retailers will sell products for barely no profit margin, just to put sales through, on the hope you will buy more later. Well, that is a nice idea, but a bit fanciful really. Additionally, many manufacturers look unfavourably at retailers who do this. Pioneer is likely to be such a retailer.

Sometimes, as others have said, you are better at getting them to chuck in cables, stands, cases, etc. Quite often they have much better margins, which makes it easier for the retailer.
    Last edited by Timbo21; 06-21-2013 at 01:11 PM.

DV was the people I phoned

woodbrass.com are the french company. I will give em a call tomorrow and ask them about warranty and where they would have me send it to if it became faulty. They offer 3 years as well. DV offer 4. You are right that would have a lot to do with it. So if I like what I hear from them then I can't say no.

Tech Mentor

I have had only good experiences with DV and 4 years warranty is great. I know £200 seems like a lot, but I would happily pay 5% extra to a company I know and trust, within my country, than gamble on having to not return anything.

Recently with DV I bought a Z2 at the old price of £649 and then a week later the price dropped to £500. Quick and easy got refunded the difference, and had a slight issue with it this week, so it is being replaced completely free of charge and any hassle.

God I sound like I work there, but just rarely come across quality customer service with online companies.

(Wish I had £4k to spend)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast