Beatport question about buying DJ mixes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beatport question about buying DJ mixes

Hey guys.

So if I buy a DJ mix from Beatport, do I also get ownership of the individual component tracks? It seems a waste to download a mix, and it is showing you all of the tracks but you don't get to have the tracks for yourself also. And there is no way in hell someone should be expected to pay for the mix and pay for the tracks. In that case you're better off listening to the mix for free and buying what you want. I don't see how this service is going to turn a great profit for anyone, even Beatport.

I did found a mix I absolutely love, but if I don't get the tracks, I don't buy the mix.

Thanks for your answers.

Brian

Do you want to DJ the individual tracks? surely, they would be mixed?

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    Do you want to DJ the individual tracks? surely, they would be mixed?
    Well some sites give you the individual track and the mix for your purchase price. I am basically asking if Beatport does that or makes you pay twice essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Flow View Post
    Well some sites give you the individual track and the mix for your purchase price. I am basically asking if Beatport does that or makes you pay twice essentially.
    With traditional CD's you would either buy a DJ Mix, or quite often they would do a vinyl double pack release with the full unmixed versions.

I can't see why they would give you the unmixed originals too on Beatport. That would be quite an added bonus if they did.

Tech Convert

I was in your shoes and made the mistake of buying a mix, thinking I would get all individual tracks. However, it was an hour long set mixed by a dj including all the tracks. I reported it to beatport that I was under the impression I would receive all individual tracks and received a 25% discount coupon.

Point being, if it says it's a mix, you're gonna get a set of all those songs combined.

I really wonder who is actually paying to buy DJ mixes these days

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Flow View Post
    Most that i have seen throw in the mixed version free if you buy the whole album.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I really wonder who is actually paying to buy DJ mixes these days
    I usually find the retail DJ mixes uninspiring and a bit of a disappointment.
    I like the live ones more. Might be a bit rough round the edges sometimes, but the vibe is better.

I can definitely recommend Bushwacka's at Shoom reunion a few months ago

All of the "mixes" I have bought off BP included the original tracks. It can be a great way to get a bunch of tracks for cheap since the album price on BP is so much lower than the single. I think some dont include them but it should be pretty obvious. When you click on the cover is there one thing or 15+?

You do not get ownership to the tracks, just the mix itself.. You can break it apart and individually make your own tracks, but those tracks are not originals from the artist, nor are they the full versions. If you want full, mastered edits, you have to buy the songs yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast