New tool for Traktor users: Traktor NML Reader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default New tool for Traktor users: Traktor NML Reader

Hello DJs!

Exporting playlists from Traktor to HTML is a pain if you don't want to use the archaic default format of not-very-pretty HTML. Also, in an unrelated fact, Traktor automatically saves all your play sessions in XML-based history files which, unfortunately, are basically unreadable and thus useless. I've now made a quick and dirty Web application that converts Traktor NML-files to much more usable HTML and text format.

With this tool you can export any of your Traktor playlists to simple and easily modifiable HTML-format that can be published as is on your homepage, or text format that you can use however you like (also in spreadsheets and other tools).

Also, if you want to convert or just browse any of your history files, you can upload it to this tool and it turns it into human readable form.

To use this tool just export any of your playlists to NML-format and then upload it -- that simple!

I'm using this tool to publish simple HTML-playlists on my blog of my gigs. I'm sharing this with you with a hope that someone else would also find it useful. Any comments and feedback are very welcome!

And the URL: http://nml-reader.appspot.com/

Have fun! :)

- VS / DJ Uninen

Good work sir!
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Good work sir!
    Thanks!

In a sidenote, I already found first problem from the software; it can only read the latest NML-version (v. 15), which is what Traktor 2.6 outputs.

I don't know which Traktor versions use which NML-versions (or what kind of versions there even are) but I'll check if I can tweak it to read previous NML-versions too.

If anyone wants to help test/develop this further, feel free to contact me!

Great job. Useful tool for podcaster/radio shows.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Great job. Useful tool for podcaster/radio shows.
    Thanks! That's pretty much why I build it: I'm hosting a weekly 90s show on Mixify and publishing the playlists has become very tedious when you have to manually make the HTML for the playlists every week. Now I just need to upload the playlist and the HTML is done! :)

Tech Convert

I've updated the script, it now reads NML versions 14 and 15.

Don't know which Traktor version uses NML version 14, but you can just test it: if it works, it works. If it doesn't, feel free to email me or reply here and I'll try to fix it :)

Thanks bruv. Ive been converting to m3u and exporting within winamp. Saved me a bunch of hassle. Woot!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tried this with 2.51 .. seems to work fine. Thanks mate this is pretty handy for me.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

wow awesome!

Good work dude!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast