Beatboxing Mic Recommendations

Default Beatboxing Mic Recommendations

Hey Guys,

I have a good friend who has been getting into beat boxing and now wants to take it to the next level and add some digital embelishments. One of the things he is going to need a microphone so id like to get some recommendations from you guys as to what microphones that you guys think are good for beatboxing.

He doesnt really have a budget yet so recommendations for cheaper mics though to the more expensive ones are all welcome.

Thanks !

Dude... I had a few posts on that one in here.

A good starting point might be the website www.humanbeatbox.com

These guys now their mics. Fun thing is: Behringer might be one of the cheapest, but also one of the better allround mics.

For more info, check here:
    http://www.humanbeatbox.com/micropho..._articleid/217

Humanbeatbox.com is a cool website, as that they offer loadsa techniques and opportunities for the starting _and_ the more advanced beatboxers as well.

This will be a thing I will be looking into again, as soon as I have some more studio space, than my infamous square meter studio.

Special shouts go out to the Sennheiser e865 (200 euros, 130 GBP, 230 USD), the Shure SM87A (200 GBP, 300 USD)and the Behringer XM8500 (22 euro's, 19 GBP, 30 USD)
    Last edited by tekki; 09-13-2009 at 04:12 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

i would say...whatever these two are using should be good.

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Bizmarkie and Slick Rick, dayumn son! That brings back childhood memories.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

B E A R D Y M A N .... NUFF SAID!!

He needs a KP3!!! or maybe 2!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Electrovoice nd967

This is the peformance step up from the nd767 that was reviewed on the beatboxer website.

The nd 767 is a good mic but its supposed to be used in place of and perform better than a sure beta 58. Its really a singers mic. Its great for this, and I know several people who won't have anything else on thier stage.

To meet the needs of louder sound sources such as hip hop and metal stage applications the nd 967 was designed for high sound pressure and over expressive bass sounds(metal and hip hop). It has a bass roll off switch that is quite handy. Also its flat on the face so you don't hit your teeth on it. And it never feeds back, well it does occasionally, but thats because the monitors are keeping up with two marshall stacks and a 4000 watt bass rig.

I have four of them.
    Last edited by audiomontana; 09-13-2009 at 06:58 PM.
    all these colors all this metal all this colored mental .. is just sun.