how to determine Project Rate in Audacity when recording from DJM-900NXS?
    Tech Wizard

Default how to determine Project Rate in Audacity when recording from DJM-900NXS?

I know this is a simple question, but I've noticed that in Audacity, the Project Rate (Hz) option in the bottom left, defaults to a setting of "44100".. I noticed that Audacity records alright with a wide variety of Project Rate's, but from what I understand is that it has to match the Project Rate on your CDJ's + DJM.. I just want to ensure that I'm getting the best possible quality sound from my recordings..

currently using:

2x CDJ-2000 Nexus
    1x DJM-900 Nexus
    Audacity via USB

I read somewhere in the manual that it said 96000Hz, but i'm not sure if this was referring to Project Rate or what.. can anyone help clarify? Thank you!

Tech Guru

Your recording sample frequency should match the sampling rate setting in the DJM Setting Utility
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Your recording sample frequency should match the sampling rate setting in the DJM Setting Utility
    I'm in the DJM-900Nexus Setting Utility now, and there's no indication on the "Input", "Output" or "About" tabs regarding Frequency, Hz or Project Rate :/

Tech Guru

You'll probably have to change it in Audio MIDI Setup on Mac OS.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You'll probably have to change it in Audio MIDI Setup on Mac OS.
    Where do I find this? Thanks for the help!

You should probably read the manuals for the very nice, expensive gear you have so you can utilize it properly.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    You should probably read the manuals for the very nice, expensive gear you have so you can utilize it properly.
    waste of time when the internet exists.. forums are typically filled w/people who are so bored they have nothing better to do than to troll around and help others out.. just sayin'

now how bout an answer?

great attitude. why stuff around with audacity when you can set up a recording channel straight from the 900. unfortunately that may actually require learning your gear.
    as far as your question is concerned most digital mixers default to 96khz, so choose that option in audacity.
    Last edited by Jester; 06-19-2013 at 12:37 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    great attitude. why stuff around with audacity when you can set up a recording channel straight from the 900. unfortunately that may actually require learning your gear.
    as far as your question is concerned most digital mixers default to 96khz, so choose that option in audacity.
    Unfortunately why the new wave of DJing trend tends to make anyone who moves on to newer hardware look... bad? Not sure the word I was looking for there.

I would think 44.1 or 48 would be standard. If you record in 96khz you are just going to be down sampling the wav anyways to put it on a CD etc yes? I havent messed around with high sample rates honestly, I use to own a MOTU unit that went up to 192, but the gigabyte sized files it was making and then having to deal with that later seemed like a waste of time.

I assume in the future it will be mandatory, but ?