Z2... Latency
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z2... Latency

Default Z2... Latency

I just got my Z2 today and I'm excited. Only thing is I'm a little disappointed that the latency is not as good as my Korg zero 4?!?

That being said I do have an older dell dual core Inspiron with plenty or ram BUT with the Korg I got 10.1 ms total and with the z2 I get 10.7ms

Good thing is I have a unused flight case that the z2 fits snug in where with my Korg I used an old amp box. Anyhow, not complaining too much... Other then the small difference in latency I'm satisfied with the mixer. It's built like a tank.

Got to perform line fader mod to remove tension and ill be good to go
    Last edited by DjLiquitATL; 06-18-2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Typo
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Guru

-_______________- Does 0.6 ms really make that big of a difference? lol

My guess is firewire vs usb.

Haha... It does if I eventually want to use remix decks
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Guru

Your processor is probably the bottleneck here; I'm guessing you get glitches at lower latencies?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    Haha... It does if I eventually want to use remix decks
    How? Pretty sure 0.6ms will make absolutely no difference to your performance. Ive known people to have their latency set at >20.0ms and still the latency is undetectable.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    How? Pretty sure 0.6ms will make absolutely no difference to your performance. Ive known people to have their latency set at >20.0ms and still the latency is undetectable.
    when you use DVS and vinyl .6 makes a difference...trust me, i've been on DVS since way back and have been using computer based dj programs for a long time too... it may not make a difference with your macbook, but my crappy dell is sensitive

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    when you use DVS and vinyl .6 makes a difference...trust me, i've been on DVS since way back and have been using computer based dj programs for a long time too... it may not make a difference with your macbook, but my crappy dell is sensitive
    hell yea it makes a difference. When you start getting into the more advance scratches at double or quadruple time or cue point juggle with out snap and quantize your going to miss alot of cuts if your latency is off and wonder why you suck lol. I figured this out when I was trying to perform boomarangs on dvs and couldn't, then i tried it in analog with a battle record and bam shit was clean bought myself a SL2 and been rocking super low latency ever since on dvs.

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    hell yea it makes a difference. When you start getting into the more advance scratches at double or quadruple time or cue point juggle with out snap and quantize your going to miss alot of cuts if your latency is off and wonder why you suck lol. I figured this out when I was trying to perform boomarangs on dvs and couldn't, then i tried it in analog with a battle record and bam shit was clean bought myself a SL2 and been rocking super low latency ever since on dvs.
    Yeah the sl2 was around 5.6 latency on my laptop...for regular mixing, cue point, midi controller style mixing higher latency is ok but I'm sure shiftee, Jeremy Ellis, and others alike will tell you it makes a difference... Anything past 11+ms is too much... Anything below is manageable

ATL you scratch as well right? That .6 will nmake a difference there.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    ATL you scratch as well right? That .6 will nmake a difference there.
    absolutely, i'm not chris karns or anything but I incorporate my scratches along with my transitions... i have a decent amount of scratches down (boomerang, flares, chirp, stab, autobahn, etc)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast