Glastonbury 2013 - Who's Going/Hoping to see
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Glastonbury 2013 - Who's Going/Hoping to see

Glastonbury kicks off next Wednesday, any fellow DJTT members going?

Just wondered who you have on your list to try and see?

For me; Eats Everything, Hot Natured, 808 State, Eat Static, Dreadzone (of course), Chic, Huxley, Kerri Chandler, Grant Nelson plus the usual Glastonbury 'stumble across' gigs.

Can't wait and weather looking ok so far
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Not going for the first time in 12 straight years. (not including the fallow year that they didnt have the festival)

Had to give it up this year due to getting married.

It is THE greatest "thing" on earth.

Very jealous of you. Have you been before..? If not, you are going to have the time of your life. If you have been, I know how excited you must be at the moment.

Me and the Mrs are gonna watch the coverage on TV and on the Sunday we are gonna have a drink and a BBQ and watch the coverage..!!!

lol, I'm going to Bingley this year..

It's only small with hardly any known bands but we had a good time a couple of years back and it's local and cheap (£45 weekend)

Highlights: Primal Scream, Chic, Human League ... er ... that's it.

Glastonbury is mental though - you have to take a walk through the greenfields at night - it's like a David Lynch film watched upside down, love it.
    SC | MC

Im playing at Kendal Calling again this year (supporting Ashley Beadle apparently).
    And going to Moseley jazz festival to see Chic and Soul II Soul which will be ace.

Thats about the extent of my festival fun this year.

Bingley looks good. Will look into that one.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Im playing at Kendal Calling again this year (supporting Ashley Beadle apparently).
    And going to Moseley jazz festival to see Chic and Soul II Soul which will be ace.

Thats about the extent of my festival fun this year.

Bingley looks good. Will look into that one.
    i take it your Karl Yates on the line up!??
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

(supporting Ashley Beadle apparently).
    The guy's awesome - such a good knowledge of music - played with him a looong time ago.
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

Not going for the first time in 12 straight years. (not including the fallow year that they didnt have the festival)

Had to give it up this year due to getting married.

It is THE greatest "thing" on earth.

Very jealous of you. Have you been before..? If not, you are going to have the time of your life. If you have been, I know how excited you must be at the moment.

Me and the Mrs are gonna watch the coverage on TV and on the Sunday we are gonna have a drink and a BBQ and watch the coverage..!!!
    Isn't it just Karlos!!

Congratulations on the marriage, we've just had our 5th anniversary ourselves.

Ref Glastonbury, absolutely love it, I've been before and in my view it is the best festival in the World, it's difficult to explain to those who've not been before, but in a nutshell, the listed lineup prob makes up half of what can be experienced there I reckon.

I only live a handful of miles from Pilton, so sort of grown up with it but have only recently starting going bizarrely. Also looking forward to taking my daughter when she's a little older.

Simply put, I can't wait!!
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    i take it your Karl Yates on the line up!??
    Yeah I am. Kendal told me they were putting up an artist page for me as I am their resident DJ (i play a few sets every year) but it looks like they havent done it yet. I was told I'm on just before Ashley Beadle but Im a small fry in that list really.
    Last time I was on before Mr Scruff, before that The Unabombers.

Im also doing a set (again I think) for the English Disco Lovers but that's to be confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    The guy's awesome - such a good knowledge of music - played with him a looong time ago.
    Yeah Im stoked. He's a hero of mine and I have seen him numerous times over the decades. Should be blast.

Tech Mentor

Yeah I am. Kendal told me they were putting up an artist page for me as I am their resident DJ (i play a few sets every year) but it looks like they havent done it yet. I was told I'm on just before Ashley Beadle but Im a small fry in that list really.
    Last time I was on before Mr Scruff, before that The Unabombers.

Im also doing a set (again I think) for the English Disco Lovers but that's to be confirmed.

Yeah Im stoked. He's a hero of mine and I have seen him numerous times over the decades. Should be blast.

Thats well good matey.. how do u get into playing at festivals. One of my mates is playin at Gotwood tomorrow night and was thinking this before.

Dont have a prob with getting gigs in clubs but never got into the festival thing yet, it would be awesome!
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

To be honest it was a case of nepotism (kinda). One of the 3 founders of the festival was the assistant manager of a club I worked at and (this is quite unreal) the day she started work at the club she moved to Preston and rented a room in the same house as my girlfriend so she is one of my best mates. In fact she was a bridesmaid at my wedding :-)

Still, I have played at 6 Kendal Callings and I do 2 or 3 sets each time so I must be doing something right. It's just the foot in the door that's the hard thing.

If I was trying to get into festival gigs I would just send CD/CV's etc to the bookers. There's usually a booker that deal with small acts and lesser known DJ's. I would contact the festival and try get in touch with the booker.

The best thing about small/local type festivals is that they need to pad the line-up out with locals. Kendal has grown a LOT but they still support local talent as much as possible (to their credit).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast