Issue wit fade in and out queues using Cruise (Auto-DJ)
    Tech Wizard

Default Issue wit fade in and out queues using Cruise (Auto-DJ)

I've watched Youtube videos about auto mixing and setting Fade In and Out points during the cruise function on the S4. I set the fade in and out markers for example:

In Deck A I have the fade in set at the beginning of the song and a fade out towards the end of the track
    Deck B fader on s4 is down and i do the same on this song.

Under Settings - Loading - Activate Faders is on

When the song on Track A gets to the fade out it doesn't do anything at all it just fades on the same pre-determined format. Another time I set everything up and both tracks started at the same time when I hit play on Deck A.

What am I doing wrong, I want to have it on auto DJ for dinner music for a wedding but I want to predetermine the fades.

I need help thanks.

Tech Wizard

Sorry about the title my h key doesn't always work

Tech Wizard

When trying to set cruise, are you on a specific playlist? Did you hit the 'cruise' button at the top left?

Tech Wizard

Yes I'm in a playlist I created but I would drop one song in deck A and I would grab another random song from the playlist in Deck B. Do I have to put the song that's supposed to be played next according to the playlist in Deck B?

When I was watching this video I notice my fade in and out marker flags are orange and mine are blue does that have something to do with it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...IYWUc6Y#at=152

Tech Wizard

Wait I hit cruise on the top right not left? I don't see anything on the left

Tech Wizard

Sorry, cruise is on the top right. Put a track in deck 'a'. Hit play and than activate cruise. Do NOT load a track into deck 'b' manually. Cruise will handle it for you

Tech Wizard

OMG I know what I did differently.
    I hit the drop down box that said fade out
    then I pushed a box and it created a marker flag which turned blue
    hit play then cruise
    nothing happened when the song got the the blue flag

The correct way is to get to the part of the song hit the box button then hit the drop down for fade in or out then the flag turned red.

I didn't see anything warning not to do it that way, that was stupid of me. I spent hours trying to do what should be an easy task.

Tech Wizard

so in other words when i hit the drop down box to fade out then hit the box to create the marker I thought it was creating a fade out. It wasn't it was just creating a queue point i guess?