Mainstream Music for Graduating Teens
    Tech Wizard

Default Mainstream Music for Graduating Teens

So I am actually starting to acquire gigs!

I have 2 coming up and another 2 still deciding. I will have an audience of 17 - 19 year old teens at those parties and not all of them listen to strictly EDM. Maybe only 10% even know what EDM is...

I have downloaded several "Radio Songs" and remixes to them, such as Justin Beiber, Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, but other suggestions would be great!

Thanks for the help! I don't think I would have gotten this far with out the help of DJ TechTools!

brostep
    bubblegum trap
    rihanna
    anything pitbull
    Bong-ra

Tech Guru

Where are you from? That heavily affects what music is suggested. Word of advice on two things, when I play popular music, none of the songs I play would also be on the playlist of a 10 year old girl, never had a complaint about that either..........popular does not = only super girly/wussy, some remixes that are done well and don't ruin the original flavor of the song, can be good, but even so, most people really just want to hear the original un-molested song. Best of luck with your upcoming gigs

Tech Wizard

I live in New Jersey, USA (East Coast)

So mostly Pop & Hip-Hop in my area, at least what's on the radio but people are slowly (Very Slowly) getting into the EDM scene.

Bad as it sounds get those "Now that's what I call Music" samplers, they'll have most of what you need. Fill the set out by looking at your local top 40 radio station's playlist online to get the regional hits. If you have the connections, ask the students for requests in advance!

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Billboard.com to see the top 100 and top hip hop/rnb tracks... Put aside what you do have and download the rest directly through billboard or itunes
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Just find house remixes of top 40 songs and make it even more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    Bad as it sounds get those "Now that's what I call Music" samplers, they'll have most of what you need. Fill the set out by looking at your local top 40 radio station's playlist online to get the regional hits. If you have the connections, ask the students for requests in advance!
    +100000000! A mate of mine had collected every single one up to 2010 from the first one and kindly gifted me a hardrive of CD rips. Always good to have.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrotix View Post
    I have downloaded several "Radio Songs" and remixes to them, such as Justin Beiber, Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, but other suggestions would be great!
    I think these are listened to by 14-year-old girls, so playing them might not be the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    +100000000! A mate of mine had collected every single one up to 2010 from the first one and kindly gifted me a hardrive of CD rips. Always good to have.
    Same, I've recently gone out and bought all of them from 35 onwards (Before that they get a bit pricey/aren't on CD). Use them all the time when djing weddings/parties, along with a load of compilations cd's from various decades/genres.

Probably only need to get the most recent 10 or so for a graduation party, plus the latest top chart hits.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud