Windows, Mac and IOS Compability Please HELP !
    Tech Wizard

Default Windows, Mac and IOS Compability Please HELP !

Hello everyone, i recently bought some new gadgets to make a small bedroom studio and i need some help, I just bought an HP computer, and a microkorg midi synthesyser, to produce using Ableton , and reason, but i also have a macbook and i intend on buying an Ipad to use it with certain apps for production. I wanted to know if it is possible to have my synth connected to my Windows computer and also have the Ipad conected to the computer to use it as an istrument or does it only work if its conected to another computer/laptop from mac ?

This is what i want to do

.................................................. .......................
    ....................(ableton & Reason).............................
    (Speaker) - (Windows computer) - ( Speaker )...........
    .................../.......................\....................
    ............(Microkorg)..............(IPad)....... ................
    .................................................. ......................

Is this possible ? or does the computer have to be a mac to have the ipad pluged in as an instrument ? Do i also need to buy an audio card to have everything pluged in? or can i plug in everything directly to the computer ?
    Also im thinking on buying a moog slim phatty to have more controll on the sound i make and a midi fighter from techtools should i get this or is it too much ? .. I produce Deep House, Tech House, and Electro indie ( sort of like chrome, daft punk etc..)

Please Share with me some thoughts and sugestions..

very much appreciated
    Last edited by Morrison; 06-20-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Tech Wizard

^ up up ^

Tech Guru

Uh...... why not just use one computer...

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

The setup will work regardless of being a Mac or PC*. I assume you are running the ipad using touch OSC or Lemur, or just as a standalone instrument, correct ?

You already have more than enough gear to start producing, the Phatty is a synth so I don't see how it gives you "more control"

Why don't you just buy a midi controller like the APC40, Novation Remote 25SL or MPK25 to in order control your software better ?

What benefits do you see a midifighter being to your setup ?

*but on the mac you will probably have less headaches making it work properly
    Last edited by deevey; 06-20-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Tech Wizard

I just use the laptop for gigs, and i use the computer for everything else, so that it doesn't get slow ..
    I dont really know, i mean i am a great Dj but as a producer im kind of a rookie .. do you think the microkorg synth will be enough ? or what else do i need to have a good studio