Soundcloud Fake

Thread: Soundcloud Fake

Default Soundcloud Fake

I recently entered a competition to win a set at a festival here in England called 'Farm Festival'.

Last night, I was checking out some of the other mixes that had been entered and stumbled across a Soundcloud fake, someone who has purchased listens in order to try and win the competition.

Check this out:

Soundcloud details.jpgtwitter.jpgSoundcloud plays.jpgSoundcloud likes.jpg

As you can see, hardly any followers on soundcloud or twitter, hardly any listens on any previous mixes but wow, over 3000 on the competition mix!

Really has angered me. I've contacted the organiser of the competition to make sure they're aware of it.

I just can't believe the cheek of it!

Just to back up what I'm saying too:

http://www.5chicago.com/features/apr...oud-superstar/
    Last edited by DeanOakley; 06-21-2013 at 09:34 AM.
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

snitches get stitches m8

Tech Mentor

sad to say this happens!! true talent will always win for me tho!! ive listened to your mixes as u kno and there spot on
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

but anyway competitions based on likes/plays/anonymous votes will NEVER work on the internet

What does that mean?

Luckily, the organiser replied and said it's not based purely on listens, it's more the principle of it all.

The guy says on his profile that he's a father of 5 and yet he's acting like this, some role model.

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    snitches get stitches m8
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Tech Mentor

Pretty sure this happens all the time. I mean can you really blame people? For $5 on fiverr.com you can pretty much guarantee enough plays/likes/fans/followers/downloads/comments to get to the finals of any competition or to the top of any chart.

Luckily most competitions still have a group of "judges" that still pick the winner. You have to be a stupid as f*ck promoter if you base who wins a contest on who gets the most plays. lol

Besides that dude has 5 KIDS. you think he has time to actually promote himself. damn I feel bad for him, lol

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    sad to say this happens!! true talent will always win for me tho!! ive listened to your mixes as u kno and there spot on
    I know it happens, it just saddens me.

But anyway, thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    Pretty sure this happens all the time. I mean can you really blame people? For $5 on fiverr.com you can pretty much guarantee enough plays/likes/fans/followers/downloads/comments to get to the finals of any competition or to the top of any chart.

Luckily most competitions still have a group of "judges" that still pick the winner. You have to be a stupid as f*ck promoter if you base who wins a contest on who gets the most plays. lol

Besides that dude has 5 KIDS. you think he has time to actually promote himself. damn I feel bad for him, lol
    I just don't get the need for it. I know it shouldn't anger me but it really does.

Tech Wizard

He posted on /r/Beatmatch on like Monday. He had 600 at the time and 65 favorites. I kinda felt it was off given his other material was like 25-40 listens. But to each their own.. in his defence it is an ok mix in my opinion. Just very obvious he's buying publicity.