Beginer dj setup?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Beginer dj setup?

so i'm 15 and very interested in getting into dj, and i dont have a massive budget. I was thinking vestax spin 2 (i would be using it with my mac book pro, and djay), and just seeing were it goes from there. any thoughts. I would be mostly mixing reggae and hip hop if it makes a difference.
    This is what i did with just software, and yes i know it's terrible: https://soundcloud.com/thepowderpigr...y-first-mix-up

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

CMD studio 4A.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    CMD studio 4A.
    +1
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    CMD studio 4A.
    hard to disagree with this, these will sell like hotcakes.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Not sure a hotcake will sell better than a cold cake. It really depends on the type of cake.

@ OP. You could also look for second hand gear. Like pioneer cdj 400s and a mixer. Those cdjs take USB. You can't connect them to your pc though afaik.
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Olsgaard/
    House/Techno Dj from Denmark

reloop terminal mix 4.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by Dohjo View Post
    Not sure a hotcake will sell better than a cold cake. It really depends on the type of cake.

@ OP. You could also look for second hand gear. Like pioneer cdj 400s and a mixer. Those cdjs take USB. You can't connect them to your pc though afaik.
    CDJ 400's can be used with traktor in hid mode. aswell as serato.
    Parts
    Technics 1210//CDJ400//DDM4000//X1//Audio 10//MBP 15" Mid 2012

Tech Mentor

I see. Well, there you have it
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Olsgaard/
    House/Techno Dj from Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by JayRuss View Post
    CDJ 400's can be used with traktor in hid mode. aswell as serato.
    And Mixvibes Cross but why should he get CDJ's at all?

CMD Stusio 4 looks like a verry good controller for starting out on and it does not break the bank. Vestax spin 2 is ofcause plug and play with Djay but the Studio 4 is halft the price and has way more controlls and will get a mapping for Djay pretti soon I think. Also after you get a hang of DJ'ing you might want to be able to do more then you can do with Djay and that time I'm quite sure most other software will have a mapping file for the CMD Studio 4.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Mentor

agree with the cmd controller.
    as far as your mixing goes: focus on your transitions rather than trying to do tricks like scratching etc for now. you can always add that later. Djay is a good software to start with, nothing wrong with that. learn on your laptop until you get your gear.
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast