Getting back into djing and looking for advice
    Tech Wizard

Default Getting back into djing and looking for advice

I've been out of the djing scene for about a year. Sold my setup as I was too busy with my final year of college and needed the money but now I really want to get back into it. Since I saw NI dropped the price of the S4 to €599 I've been keeping my eye out for a second hand one at a decent price. I'm trying to get back into the djing on budget as I'm not working at the moment but do have a bit of cash that I can use to invest in gear.

I came across a used S4 that a guy is willing to let go for €450. Might get it for a bit less if I can bargain a few more €€€'s off it. The setup I want is an S4 and a Midi Fighter Spectra. The MF Spectra will cost €160 delivered so I'm wondering can I really go wrong with an S4 and MF Spectra for €600. Looking for advise as I've been out of the scene for over a year and haven't been keeping track of what else is out there.

Tech Wizard

I really don't think that much has changed in the past year. What did you have before? What are you doing with it? gigs, clubs, festivals, bedrooms, weddings?

X

Tech Wizard

Good too know I'm not out of the loop too much so. I started out with a mixtrack pro and then moved on to the cdj and djm 350. They were a nice bit of kit but I never felt satisfied with them and always felt myself wanting to go back to a controller as the likes of the S4 and other top of the range controllers allowed so much creativity. All I'll really be using it for is bedroom djing and maybe the odd few gigs.

S4 is decent... Depends on your levels of RGAS how satisfied you'll be
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

I think we all have a bit of RGAS and I'll admit when I see a decent piece of new kit I usually want it but I know the S4 is a decent bit of kit and since I'm trying to get back into it at a budget, I'm happy to make do at the moment. Just wanted to know if anything else had come out in the mean time that could have fitted into that price range that I wasn't aware of since I haven't been keeping up to date with what has been released.

I'd personally still consider a VCI 400 over an S4.

I went for an S2 cause im only ever gonna mix two decks... personally cant see the need ever for more
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

When I sold my pioneer 350 setup I was thinking of getting an S$ or the VCI 400. I was swaying more towards the VCI 400 but really wanted the DJTechTools version. The cost of shipping and then tax if I ordered the DJTT version would drive the price sky high as I'm living in Ireland. Unless it was a VCI 400 with the DJTT mapping then I think I'd prefer an S4 to be honest.