what are your thoughts on this buisnes opportunity? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I must emphasize one thing, whether you use our ideas or not.

GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING!!!

when money is involved people tend to forget what they said.... so please do your self a favor and draw up a small brief contract, it can even be like a small paragraph. Just state you terms, and that if they are not met, then you are free to leave. That way no one has amnesia later. If he is really your friend he will totally understand, that its for both of your protection.

If you need any ghetto funk, glitch hop djs lemme know. I live in Vernon!

Biggest thing for you would to help promote the place. Find some people in the local scene and get them to promote you as well.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    I agree with all this above.

Right now it seems like it's all shits and giggles...lets get a club going, lets get you playing, lets get it sponsored by the clothing company - it won't be easy. As mentioned in another post it might fail and look badly on you failing to pack it out with your DJing. Or it might become a big success and you will want more money, money they might not pay you and then the arguments begin.

I think you need to really go though every possible outcome with your friends so you all know where you stand and how things could go.
    ^^^ THIS! Plus what 031999 said about getting everything money-related in writing. It may seem awkward to breach these subjects with friends (what if nobody comes to our club? what if we underestimate the costs of staying open?), but it's very important to set everyone's expectations now so that there aren't any nasty surprises down the road.
    I play house music!
    http://tortango.com/

Honestly I'd probably let it pan out at least a night or two before hitting your close buddies with hand written contracts.. It's not like you're signing something that demands your attendance, nor do they have a gun to your head. Try it out twice, maybe three times as a last ditch effort to make something of it. After that you'll have a fairly good idea as to weather or not this will have any success.

Tech Mentor

If they aren't charging at the door, I'd ask for some of the bar. That way they're not going to be out of money if it tanks and all of you can share in the profit.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    You are the only one thats working for free by the sounds of it and yet being depended on to create an atmosphere.
    both bartenders and servers are working for free, the other dj works for free ( 1 on the patio outside, one inside )
    ----- ( 2 x ) Stanton ST 150's , Sure M44-7-h , Traktor Kontrol Z2, TSP2, Macbook, rane SL2 -----

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    If you need any ghetto funk, glitch hop djs lemme know. I live in Vernon!

Biggest thing for you would to help promote the place. Find some people in the local scene and get them to promote you as well.
    really man?! thats close by to where were set up! were in pg! and yeah i have me and my whole crew ( producers, dj's and promoters ) all help out and promote the place
    ----- ( 2 x ) Stanton ST 150's , Sure M44-7-h , Traktor Kontrol Z2, TSP2, Macbook, rane SL2 -----

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Honestly I'd probably let it pan out at least a night or two before hitting your close buddies with hand written contracts.. It's not like you're signing something that demands your attendance, nor do they have a gun to your head. Try it out twice, maybe three times as a last ditch effort to make something of it. After that you'll have a fairly good idea as to weather or not this will have any success.
    well i played there last weekend and it was packed, the weekend before it was fairly packed, and if it keeps going how it is, this upcomming weekend will be packed aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by djdust1724 View Post
    well i played there last weekend and it was packed, the weekend before it was fairly packed, and if it keeps going how it is, this upcomming weekend will be packed aswell.
    If it was packed, they're doing alright on the financial side... Do you bring in any friends? If the answer is yes, then you're doing your part. In all seriousness, I wouldn't do another night without pay. Tell them what you want, $75-100 should be fitting in my opinion. If they agree, do the night and see how they are when it comes to paying you.. If you have to chase them around for an extra hour after the place shuts down trying to collect your dues, then you're going to want to get something in writing seeing as your buddies are now toying with you, assuming you're gullible, etc.

That's how I would do it personally.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by djdust1724 View Post
    both bartenders and servers are working for free, the other dj works for free ( 1 on the patio outside, one inside )
    I've yet to see people give tips to the DJ though

Something is EXTREMELY wrong with this picture then if everyone is working for free. Someone is making big money if the place is packed and everyone else is being taken for a fool IMHO.

An oral contract ain't worth the paper its written on.
    Last edited by deevey; 06-24-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast