What's in your remix deck?
    Tech Wizard

Default What's in your remix deck?

Recently (like in the last week) switched from VDJ to Traktor - I've been digging through some of the pre-loaded Traktor sounds for the remix decks and was wondering if anyone has anything special living in there.. let me know!

I have various samples and field recordings for my ambient and downtempo sets. Rainforests, waves, birds, traffic, machine noises, etc. I also use various vocal samples and quotes. I like to build ambient spaces for the music to blend in and out of. I haven't used it much for re-mixing or augmenting uptempo stuff yet. We'll see if I ever get that bug or not.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

Weirdly one of the most successful things I have done on the remix decks has been to split up the build up in Harlem Shake onto separate pads. Then drumming out live and building some extra tension before the drop.

So so cheesy, but people enjoyed seeing me actually doing something noticeable on stage as I usually like playing out the songs and not using effects much.

Other than that I just use loops from my favourite songs to help mixing sometimes and bridging tracks

For my show i have a lot of station IDs and intros loaded up.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

I have a lot of percussion and drums that I lay over my dj sets. Also chopped up acapellas that I match in key to the track that's playing.

I run 2 remix sets;

one of acapellas and vocal shots, page organised into length.

one of perc loops, riff loops and very cool samples which fit over any part of any tracks.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio