Tunes to hardrive.

Default Tunes to hardrive.

Hi guys, need some help in the transportation of tunes and playing on other peoples systems/traktor.

My library purchases have been from Itunes, Beatport or Traxsource. I need the most hassle free way of getting all my tunes from my laptop (Mac) to a hardrive so that i can take it with me, plug it in to another's Mac/PC and use it through traktor.

Reason being im not all too hot on taking my laptop to some of the gigs i've been doing lately when there's already a load of kit there.

Itunes has all of it's restrictions which is causing me a load of hassle.

Any and all help appreciated!
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Tech Mentor

your music should all be organzied in the music folder on your laptop (mac i assume?). if it's not, just open itunes, and there you can find "organize media" or something (i'm using itunes in german, don't know the exact english term) to copy all your music files into your music folder.
    then you can simply copy the whole music folder on to your harddrive.
    to keep your itunes playlists you can copy your itunes library file on to your harddisk aswell. thing is, it might take quite a while to open your whole library in someone elses itunes. so what i would do, if you don't depend on having every single track with you every gig: create playlists in itunes, create a folder on your harddisk for each playlist, and then just drag your tunes out of itunes into the corresponding playlists. you can then find these folders on your mates laptop via traktor when you got your HD connected.
    but then the next problem appears: you will not have your own cuepoints, loops, grids etc on your tracks inside traktor. for that you need to copy your traktor collection.nml file into your mates traktor library. you can then merge the collections so he doesn't lose his. yet again, that takes a lot of time to process.

thats as much as i know about this issue and thats also why i always bring my own laptop. just too much work and time needed to put everything together. maybe someone knows a better solution for this problem
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Cheers Volpe, i will give that a try.

I know it's quite a simple process that even a basic user of any laptop should be able to perform, but i'd like to get it right, especially with DJ'ing bits and pieces. Im one of these that can get very wound up with technology!
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

I use a cloud service (google drive) to store all my purchased music. You can download the files on any computer you log into. I can even give access to other people. The only gripe would be the download time, but to have a backup that I can access anywhere is pretty awesome.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

grab a 500gb HD. go into itunes, right click and choose "open containing folder" or something like that. Boom there are all your tracks, just copy em over.

Also i usually only store only the tracks im sure i will use for a gig on my desktop. but Every single one of my tracks comes with me on the external drive at all times.