Denon sc3900
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denon sc3900

Default Denon sc3900

Hey all I picked up a pair of denon sc3900s about 2 months ago but haven't really played with them till recently. I just have a question regarding their cue points. I noticed that on these tables when running in hybrid mode " to run with sl4" when I press the cue point if the platter is not moving or I have not previously pressed the play button it will only load to the cue point but not start the track. I know on the pioneer u can use the cues as kindly a pad style DJ set up and also even down to a system like the Numark v7 controller if u just hold the hot cue button it will start playing from that point . So I guess my question is is it it possible to set these hot cues to start the track or use as a pad style system where I can just set cue points on a track and hold the hot cue as long as I need to to sample the little section I want with out having to press the play button. And canu use the 3900 to use as a pad style system

Tech Guru

Transport/playback is handled by the timecode signal when you're using Hybrid mode. You can use plain MIDI if you want the behavior you're looking for.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Ok so would I just need to put in the time code CD and then run it in midi and it will work? Can I still use it with Serato?

Hey all I picked up a pair of denon sc3900s about 2 months ago but haven't really played with them till recently.
    I don't understand this. If I had a pair of SC39000s I wouldn't see daylight. : )

Okay to answer your question. So this is how Serato natively handles cue points. Plug your SL4 into some turntable decks and press Cue. You'll see it does the same thing unless the decks are already playing. If you want them to play you'll have to go to internal mode- so just hit those F-keys when you want to juggle.

I'm confused with internal mode and the f key as I just started using this product. Please clarify and thanks so much for your help

Tech Guru

You can also use the SC 3900s in pretty much any other software without the need for an additional interface if they can't be used as MIDI controllers in SSL.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Check out page 36 of your SL4 manual, http://www.rane.com/pdf/sl4manual250.pdf

F1 (L) Switch deck to ABS mode (R) F6
    F2 (L) Switch deck to REL mode (R) F7
    F3 (L) Switch deck to INT mode (R) F8

Also check out page 16 for explanations between Absolute, Relative and Internal modes.

But if I'm running in internal mode I can no longer control the deck with the platter correct?

This is correct. There is no other option. Either you are controlling your deck and cue points within the computer or you're controlling them on the deck..

Essentially if you want to control a cue with your platter you'll need to figure out how to make the SC39000 start when you press the 1-4 cue buttons on the Denon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast