Monitors / Speaker Suggestions
    Tech Wizard

Default Monitors / Speaker Suggestions

Looking for something in the $100-$200 Range. Something that I could use for house party's and BBQs. You guys have any good suggestions for me?

Was looking at the M-Audio Studiophile AV 40, and 30's, Anyone have these? How do you like them? Good enough for small house party?
    Last edited by Justin d; 06-24-2013 at 01:08 PM.
    Denon MC2000, Midi Fighter Spectra, Trakor Pro

I'd drop another $50 and order BX5's by M-Audio, it's what I use and these things are ridiculously loud and crispy.

Tech Mentor

If its for House Parties and BBQs I in no way would recommend a "Studio Monitor" style speak in any shape or form.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    If its for House Parties and BBQs I in no way would recommend a "Studio Monitor" style speak in any shape or form.
    So then do you have any suggestions if that's what I am using them for?
    Denon MC2000, Midi Fighter Spectra, Trakor Pro

Monitors are for producing and listening behind stage. Speakers and subs are for the crowd. You would want to spend a bit more to get any kind of a decent sound.

what about suggestions on monitors for producing and djing in your room? would monitors be well equipped enough for it. were talking about being on a budget here. i was looking at a pair krk5s

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    I've actually been thinking about this recently and my opinion has swayed the opposite way, if you want a party where you have a dance room where the music will be playing and the rest of the place is setup for people to just chill and talk, I love using studio monitors, they'll light the dance room up and then when you walk away the sound DIES basically, making it easy for people to talk, they don't have to yell, etc..

to the OP, I have Samson Resolv A5s, they do retail for like 300+ for a pair, but second hand they sell really good, I got mine for $160 and they where hardly used, had them now for 6 months and they're going strong.

Tech Guru

I think Yamaha HS50s/HS80s are the best buy, but you really need to go listen to get a feel for them.