Aperantly dance music is cyclical, and we have arrived back at......Disco
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Aperantly dance music is cyclical, and we have arrived back at......Disco

Well I had a hunch, that dance music would eventually revert back to its roots. And now a whole new generation is growing up that has never heard of disco, but there really diggin that "Get Lucky" stuff haha. I have been listening to BreakBot for years now and i new he was pioneering disco back into the scene (where it never really died...france). Then Daft Punk knew they had the new sound of the summer.

And now this..... (now this track has been out for a bit, but the MUSIC VIDEO wow it just brings it all together)

Now disco has made a return,

You have heard earlier Daft Punk albums yes? This is far from their first album to use disco elements.

I didn't know disco really disappeared tbh.. There's been clubs in smaller Australian cities pushin that style/sound forever sure it's pretty housey too but still its ulimately disco... I imagine Europe would be the same.

HMC/Late Nite Tuff Guy, Todd Tejre etc etc etc..

Unless your just referreing to 'pop' music then yeah that shit just bites what's big in dance music, that's hardly new though. Happened with trance, happened with that dutch sounding noise, happened with dubstep, happened with trap etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    You have heard earlier Daft Punk albums yes? This is far from their first album to use disco elements.

I didn't know disco really disappeared tbh.. There's been clubs in smaller Australian cities pushin that style/sound forever sure it's pretty housey too but still its ulimately disco... I imagine Europe would be the same.

HMC/Late Nite Tuff Guy, Todd Tejre etc etc etc..

Unless your just referreing to 'pop' music then yeah that shit just bites what's big in dance music, that's hardly new though. Happened with trance, happened with that dutch sounding noise, happened with dubstep, happened with trap etc etc etc
    oh yeah of course im a pretty big DP fanboy.

and yeah im a big fan of the disco sound (its the guitar riffs that get me.)

I'm just talking the musically uneducated masses are being turned back on to disco.

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    oh yeah of course im a pretty big DP fanboy.

and yeah im a big fan of the disco sound (its the guitar riffs that get me.)

I'm just talking the musically uneducated masses are being turned back on to disco.
    Yeah I'd agree on the influence in pop music, I just don't feel it ever really went away within the electronic music world..

it never really went away but its definitely catching more eyes thanks to daft punk and now, bruno mars, who i despise, greatly. but i love that its getting a bit more appreciation. i just hope media mainstream doesnt destroy it like they did in 1979. people need to know that thanks to disco, there was house music and then the rest....KNOW YOUR ROOTS!

of course europe countries such as France have a bigger fanbase for this genre.

i hope it doesnt get carried away with flo rida, pitbull, will.i.am, or anybody like them all up in the mix. id hate to see that. very much.

Dude, welcome to the dance music culture. This is the fifth coming of the Disco scene. The breakbeat scene is awaiting its fourth reincarnation. Trance, it's third while Drum & Bass and Jungle have remained "underground" awaiting their "second coming" and doing just fine in the interim.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by sicnarf033 View Post
    i hope it doesnt get carried away with flo rida, pitbull, will.i.am, or anybody like them all up in the mix. id hate to see that. very much.

Absolutely guaranteed to happen. Those guys live off reworking/adding vocals too pop/dance/edm (delete as approrpriate) tunes.

I've loved Disco since I heard my older brothers play some when I was still á child in the 70's and I welcome it back. I also love the more disco influenced sounding House. I've also noticed that a lot of progressive house is more trance then house just slower then it used to be.

and exsample of what I like
    Last edited by dj gullum; 06-25-2013 at 06:39 AM.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

also dont forget about duck sauce, they are keeping that disco shit real!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast