Korg Nano Pad Issues

Default Korg Nano Pad Issues

Right, so I purchased a Korg Nano Pad at the beginning of the year, used it for a bit then kinda put it on the shelf for a few months... I decided to pick it up and play with it some more last night but being by itself for so long hasn't done it much good.

I was mapping it in Traktor and I pretty much had to slam the pads to get any response, and it would change it's mind as to which MIDI note it was sending each time I pressed it (it would kinda alternate between 2). I've heard that the Nano Pad's have been flakey for some people but I didn't realise it was this bad!

I figured maybe a good clean would do it some good but at first glance I can't find any easy way to open it up and get inside. Has anyone had any problems with the Nano Pad and what have they done to resolve it (other than lob it in the bin )?

Same Exact prob here man. bought it, used it, shelfed it, and then picked it up recently and it no worky. they are covered by 1 year manufacturers warranty. Contact korg customer support (I would call, email takes to long for response) and send it back to them. I would also see if they would be willing to send a Nano Key instead of the NanoPad. Havent heard about as many problems with them.

Cool, cheers for the response. Will have to dig the warranty up - Good job I didn't try to rip it apart :P!

i just got a copy of the invoice from the place i bought it from(zzounds.com). I sent them an email explaining what happened, and attached a copy of the invoice. They shipped me a new one right away.

they're easy to open. you just have to remove the little rubber thingies on the back and you'll find regular philips screws beneath. cleaning the nano worked for me the first time. but it has gotten worse over the months.
    tbh, i just think they are crappy by design. chances are the replacement unit will fail on you too.

i don't use the nano anymore since i got myself a maschine. i miss the small form factor and the xy touchpad though.

Tech Wizard

same here ))))

cleaning doesnt work. will send it back to thomann.de (they have 3 year warranty) to fix it.

Ah didn't think of that (the rubber bits at the back). Funnily enough I've been looking at Maschine the last couple of days too, but like you, I'll miss the cool xy pad.

Cheers for the responses guys, I'll try and clean it until I can afford something more reliable .