Finding BPM of Live Mix in Ableton

Default Finding BPM of Live Mix in Ableton

Hey techtools form!
    I have just started working with a set up using traktor routed into ableton and used it to record a mix i have been working on. The issue is i could not get ableton to record while it was externally synced to traktor for some reason, so i just went about recording the mix and thought i would deal with the bpm adjusting after the recording. So i know you can draw in the bpm change but i was wondering if there is a more accurate less time consuming way to get the two in time, maybe using the tap button in ableton some how, or a way that doesnt involve me tapping along in traktor to the playing ableton mix then drawing it into ableton.
    Thanks in advance!
    CC

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Did you try syncing the other way around instead? ... Ableton really does not like being a slave, however traktor can take a few seconds to sync if the BPM changes are dramatic.

I dont think i could do that it would really mess up my work flow i mix alot of trap so im switching between 140 to 70 bpm on the fly pretty often.

If you don't warp the recording it should keep the bpm changes.
    If that's what you mean??
    SC | MC

The issue is im editing the mix and using effects like delays and adding some white noise sweets to just fill up some space in my mix but the whole mix is off set with the grid in ableton because ableton was unaware i was changing bpms while i was recording my mix. Im just trying to get the grid in ableton to stay in time with the bpm changes in my mix so editing and adding effects are easier to do.