Home studio monitor recommendations sought - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Go active.

Most 6" active monitors will give you the result you need. KRK, Alesis, ADAM, Yamaha etc.

Tech Mentor

Have you thought about going used? One budget monitor nobody has mentioned is the Behringer Truth 2301a. Yeah, they're Behringer, but they actually sound decent. They have a 9.75" driver, kind of overkill, and can reproduce lows pretty well. They can be tailored to small rooms with a bunch of crossover switches built in. I've seen them as low as $150 for the pair on craigslist. They're certainly not great, but they provide a lot of bang for the buck.

He's already bought a pair, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    Have you thought about going used? One budget monitor nobody has mentioned is the Behringer Truth 2301a. Yeah, they're Behringer, but they actually sound decent. They have a 9.75" driver, kind of overkill, and can reproduce lows pretty well. They can be tailored to small rooms with a bunch of crossover switches built in. I've seen them as low as $150 for the pair on craigslist. They're certainly not great, but they provide a lot of bang for the buck.
    It's an 8.75" driver. And behringer is coming out with some new completely redesigned monitors, so i'd rather go for them.

But he already bought some
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Yep. Already got me some shiny new RCF Ayra 5s, which look absolutely stonking!

Not tried them yet though. That's to come this weekend.
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Mentor

Oops.

Just thought I'd report back. Having used my RCF Ayra 5s for a week or two now, they are absolutely outstanding!!!!

The best monitors I've ever owned and has a real richness to the sound and I don't notice any obvious missing bass, even when tried running things like Daft Punk, Knife Party etc through them.

Amazing monitors for anyone looking for some and I'd highly recommend them!
    Ableton 9.7.5, Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate 11, MOTU 828 Mk2, Nektar Impact LX61+, Ableton Push, Native Instruments Kore 2, and a random selection of soft synths and sample libraries.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition 12 core CPU, 64GB RAM, SanDisk Ultra Extreme SSDs and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming GPU.

Tech Guru

Still waiting for GC to stock the Behringers and put them on display :|

Hesitant about buying Behringers without trying them out first.

Go for the RCF Ayra 5s. I've spent a week listening to all sorts through them to burn them in. They sound fab in all music styles through iTunes and Spotify and even games and films sound fab.

Now they've come into themselves they have a thick bass, super clear mids and the highs sparkle with zero harshness. All in all, we happy and perfect small monitors.

Tech Guru

Bout to buy a pair of Yamaha HS50Ms for 180 shipped

Pretty hard to turn them down at that price. Although I just now noticed that Yamaha released the 2nd generation HS5,HS7, HS8 :/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast