Get Lucky Remix... by Daft Punk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Get Lucky Remix... by Daft Punk

Just seen this....

http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/daf...x-of-get-lucky

cant wait to hear it.... to those who are lucky enough to have/can listen wahts it like?
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 06-28-2013 at 01:21 AM.
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

To be honest (big Daft Punk fan here) it sounds a bit mellower than the original (which is good) but the clip also sounds like it was done by a 15 year old with a bunch of stems. Maybe it's just the clip and the full version isn't as choppy.

Tech Guru

Came across this remix the other day. It's free too.

https://soundcloud.com/lordrecollect...-random-access
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Good find, makar1.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Indeed good find.
    I'm in the pub so I got through 4 bars before I realised I was like some Chav listening to his phone in public.

Ill listen when I get home.

Must say that the intro reminds me of "Something About Us" from Discovery and I adore that tune.

I wasn't feeling the remix either, doesn't seem a whole lot different to me... Just a 10 minutes long version

Tech Mentor

Karlos I do it all the time!!! My excuse is ' never know wen u will find/hear about a new tune wen ur a dj'

At least I think it makes up for it
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Guru

This isn't a remix but a cover remixed by Smoove and free download now. Won't be everyone's bag but I love it
    https://soundcloud.com/stevenmoove/g...george-barnett
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Yeah I saw their (Daft Punks) FB link to their remix of their own track, and I just felt like it was a drawn out version of the original with a few minor changes here and there. I don't mind it. You can also listen to the remix on their site (daftpunk.com) for free. The one thing I did think was cool was on their site where they have the YouTube player imbedded in the video they look like fucking bosses sitting back and relaxing haha.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    To be honest (big Daft Punk fan here) it sounds a bit mellower than the original (which is good) but the clip also sounds like it was done by a 15 year old with a bunch of stems. Maybe it's just the clip and the full version isn't as choppy.
    This!!!! I kept thinking it was either a joke or they let the cat dance around an apc hooked to live.

It might just be yet another marketing move to leave people scratching their heads while they come out with something completely different (or with more vocoder ) upon release. They can fart a better version than this "remix"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast