Need Some help with Turntable set up.

Question Need Some help with Turntable set up.

I have had 1200s for a long time and recently got a new MacBook and Traktor S4. I am really loving the S4 and Macbook Combo. I think for most gigs, I will not drag my turntables and vinyl out of the house but I still want to spin vinyl at home. I am getting really frustrated with the set up in trying to hook up the turntables (also with the lack of good info out there).

I have the turntables set up. The back of the controller is on USB, each channel is on phono. I have set C and D to live input. The Crossfader is not working. I can get the channel fader to work. I am using it with standard vinyl not time code. Please let me know what I am missing.

Default For any willing to help

Here is the response I got from NI:

If your goal is to use Traktor Pro 2 and your Kontrol S4 to mix vinyl records:

- Connect the turntables to Channel C and D in the back of the S4 and set the switches to Phono and USB

- Open Traktor's preferences and click on Input Routing

- Set deck A to Channel C Left and Right, and deck B to Channel D left and right

- Close the preferences and click on deck letter A and select Live Input. Repeat this for deck B

This makes it work as a mixer but I cant do digital and vinyl.
    Here is my follow up question:

I am still running into the issue that what ever is on channels C and D bleeds through regardless of whether it is live input or a track deck. how do I change that. is it possible or was it designed like this?

Have you assigned the X-Fader to channels C/D?

You can either do it in software, or on the S4 I think it's SHIFT+ Channel FX1/2 for which side of the fader you want to assign.