Is anyone else having trouble mapping led feedback for remix decks in the new traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    This for every cell in every deck you want to map.

Attachment 18652

Note That I am using the Cell State modifier pointed to the specific cell, (1/1 in this case)
    Thanks for your help dude, I still don't seem to be getting the result I'm looking for though. I am trying to map it such that all the LED feedback in a column to be completely turned off and feedback is only given when I hit a button
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Open the controller editor > highlight all pads > assign tab > led on: For MIDI OUT

This settings make Maschine listen to the actual pads getting hit rather than Traktor telling it to do something. It will give you dim: off>full:hit.

You can't completely turn off the led from a pad unless you are actually telling it via the Controller Editor to disable the pad completely. Look up the feature request thread over at NI forum, I know there are at least a few of them asking for what you want.
    Last edited by padi_04; 06-28-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Open the controller editor > highlight all pads > assign tab > led on: For MIDI OUT

This settings make Maschine listen to the actual pads getting hit rather than Traktor telling it to do something.
    Sweet! Thanks again padi, I really appreciate it.
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Think I'll go with slot pre-fader output and cell state modifier
    Yeah that is a lot more useful if you are working with velocity controlled brightness but with MKI it's on/off

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Yeah that is a lot more useful if you are working with velocity controlled brightness but with MKI it's on/off
    Well that suck...

Yeah, first NI controller with brightness control was the X1. APC users are out of luck too, not sure about Launchpad since I never mapped one

Just tried this on my CNTRL:R, works like a charm! Too bad that I won't be able to produce this kind of slot play indication in my ultimate tool due to lack of condition slot but at least I'll have all slots for 4 decks assignable.

Damn modifier wall.

I think I have officially reached "LED hell" now as well.

Tried for the last two days to get something meaningful working on my Xone K2 (output wise, triggering Cells works like a charm), without any luck. I created a rather straight forward mapping based on the "Slot X Cell Y State" as the output trigger, and combined that with the state modifier so that it only fires when each of the states is reached.

I had some trouble so I used midi-ox to see what's actually being sent from traktor. The sad thing is, that Traktor creates all the expected midi events, but the sequence it creates them in is problematic. At least for the K2 which uses three notes per LED to pick a color.

The technical core of the problem is the K2 not liking it, when the note off and note on for the different colors of the LEDS come out of sequence. When the Cell State changes, my mapping outlined above will trigger let's say for example the following

Note On C2 (turn on LED A with color RED)

[...] ---> press button, trigger Cell state change ...

Note On C5 (turn on LED A with color AMBER)
    Note Off C2 (turn off LED A with color RED)

will leave LED A turned off (last message wins).

The problem is, that when the cell's switch states the notes are sent by Traktor in this interleaved form is shown above.
    I think there's external tools to fix this but I don't like that approach that much. Another option could be to prevent Note Off to be sent, although I am not sure if that will work either.

Guess I will have to pick a single color and apply the approach mentioned above (empty / loaded / playing).

It is possible but IMO you will get a lot better feedback with:

off: empty
    on: loaded
    blinking: playing (beat phase attached to cell state modifier)
    Weird. I just tried this on my Spectra and I couldn't get feedback to indicate the cell is loaded after sample stops playing...

Padi can you please check this on your Spectra?

edit:

I'm using slot meter instead of beat phase.
    Last edited by Stewe; 07-03-2013 at 06:05 PM.

I haven't tried it with the spectra yet but shoot me a pm so i remember to do so tomorrow (i'm having quite a busy week)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast