Help me please Cdj 700 gemini nightmare
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Help me please Cdj 700 gemini nightmare

Hi All

My name is chris *AKA* DJ Old Skool

I have been DJ ing ten years now, in 2012 i went full time sold my old citronic cd and have spent the last year buying fab gear. I now have,

Main set: 2 NDX 800s wbich are fab and very reliable and rubust.
    Small gig set: VMS 4·1 and a pioneer 350 cdj

You can see my full set www.stalbansdj.co.uk

Last week i thought ok im gonna buy the Gemini CDJ 700 as a back up, some solid reviews on them, i got these thursday but can not get the bloody things to run togther, i can get one working but getting them to work like numarks is a mare, gemini dont care, and frankly neither do the sellers.

Im running traktor pro 2, i5 six gig speed, windows 7 hp pro book

Im so angry due to poor support and if it wont work they go back and i will buy the numark 900s as it is bugging me i cant use can you help me.

I am using two usb cables to connect to laptop but getting issues

what are you trying to do?...

use each one as a soundcard?
    or just use each one under midi mode?

Tech Convert

Default Cdj 700s

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    what are you trying to do?...

use each one as a soundcard?
    or just use each one under midi mode?
    Hi

I basically want to use them as decks as like the ndx 800s i use em for dj ing and libary on my laptop, with back up being i can switch to cd

I cant connect however :0(

Chris

Tech Convert

Default Gemini cdj 700

Hi

I need the decks to be able to do discos on as a back up, i use the ndx 800 which are fab, but these decks will be support decks, however the laptop wont see both decks

Pretty poor i notice they shut down if you goto cd mode unlike ndx keep playing

Just getting em working would Be good

They must be multi purpose

Tech Convert

Default Cdj 700

Why wont my replys post?

ya should return em and buy a pair of cmp-800's from stanton.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

The Stantons are good too. But if you are trying to use 2 sound devices, it's just not possible. Unless you aggregate them. Just look up "aggregate sound device" on Google.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

i can get one working but getting them to work like numarks is a mare, gemini dont care, and frankly neither do the sellers.
    You mean midi mapping / soundcard setup or what ? How did you expect them to work ?

And Frankly I'm sure Numark don't give a crap that the NDX900 doesn't work like a Gemini or any other manufacturers CDJ either. Do car dealers give you lessons on how to drive after you buy a car ?

You did read the manuals right ?

personally i think this modern idea of having a cdj as a soundcard is just dumb. I mean first of all for obvious reasons...... but also dj's should really all be using soundcards. it makes it so much easier to play on all different media. Dude just get yourself a used "audio 4" and map thos cdj's with midi, and your all set. Then when you want to get rid of the cdjs, the transition into something else is much easier, because your using the same soundcard all the time.

Tech Convert

Default Cdj 700

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    You mean midi mapping / soundcard setup or what ? How did you expect them to work ?

And Frankly I'm sure Numark don't give a crap that the NDX900 doesn't work like a Gemini or any other manufacturers CDJ either. Do car dealers give you lessons on how to drive after you buy a car ?

You did read the manuals right ?
    Ok to be clear i was told the decks were plug n play if the issue is sound cards in them why the fack do they put in as most djs will use two decks right?

I aint stupid, yes red the manuals but thought id ask if others had same issues, as to numarks i use a sound card on these audio 2, but on all gemini adverts they say plug and play

I come here to get help not have someone think im an idiot, if you cant help dont reply simple.

Anyway back to sorting the issue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast